6.) Uno

Winter looks around Karina's room, analyzing every detail the room had.

Overall the room was clean. It was well organized and Winter even found some items in the room to be cute.

Although some places could do a bit of dusting.

Her eyes look back at the door when she sees Karina enter with 2 bottles of soda in her hands.

"So..why are you here?" Karina hands a bottle to Minjeong.

"My mom wanted to see your mom." The younger girl responded.

Karina nods in return, opening the bottle and taking a sip.

"Why are you here then?" Karina asked.

Maybe it was a stupid question, but she still asked and winter had no problem telling her.

"To see you."

Karina could feel her ears burn up. "Oh. I see."

It goes silent again, and Karina doesn't know what else to say.

"Hey, um.." her attention goes to Karina when she hears the taller girl speak.

"I feel like I need to apologize for letting you see that." Karina referred to when Winter saw her make out session.

Just what Winter needed an answer for.

"Why?"

The older girl just becomes flabbergasted at the response. How was she supposed to answer that?

"Well, It felt wrong. Especially with that person.."

There's a part of winter that calms down when she hears the honest truth.

"And I didn't like that girl either, so it was weird." Karina sighs. She doesn't want to think of Ryujin any further.

Winter just sits there, taking in all the words Karina says.

But Karina's head shoots back up to look at winter, desperate for one answer. "Did you read anything in the journal?" Her face burns up.

Minjeong stayed silent, which showed that Winter did read it. For some reason it doesn't make Karina that humiliated though.

"If I'm being honest, I did read it.." winter gulps.

"How much of it?" Karina asks.

"..all" winter scratches her neck.

In response, Karina just smiles.

And even though it's been 4 years, that smile was the same and it probably even made a bigger impact on Minjeong.

She was beautiful.

"Oh! Wanna play uno with me?" Karina asks.

Without hesitation, winter agrees and Karina goes off to find the deck of cards.

As the game started and they were down to 2 cards, Karina placed a card down. "Uno!" Both yelled.

"I said it first." Karina giggled.

"No, I did!" Winter laughed.

"NUH uh~"

"YUH huh~" Winter burst out laughing and so did Karina.

Seeing winter laugh was probably the highlight of her day. Playing Uno with Winter was also the highlight of her day. It was fun and she wanted more of this.

"This is fun." Winter sighs.

"It really is." The older one responds.

They stare out at the stars outside the window, gazing at how bright and glowing they looked. Well, for Karina she was staring at Winter.

"We should hang more often." Winter smiles.

There's just something about Minjeong that glows brighter than the stars outside. The smile Winter lets out also puts a smile on Karina's lips.

She doesn't know what it feels like to have the urge to kiss someone, or what it really is like to kiss someone she loves but if it meant Winter was the one,

then so be it.

Winter feels a pair of pearly eyes look her way and she can't help but to look over. "Aren't the stars pretty?" Winter chuckles.

Karina doesn't respond. She was way too busy studying Minjeong's face, Her features up close and if anything she wants to be even more up close.

Winter could feel this silent, soft tension between the both of them and maybe it's because it's early at night but Winter just wants Karina.

"It is." Karina plays with Winter's hoodie strings.

And there's this look of desire in Karina's eyes when she leans in closer.

They're so close, so close that winter could feel the warm breath against her lips.

But Karina just freezes, hearing loud footsteps come their way so she quickly pulls away before the door opens.

"Hey girls, just so you know there's fruits in the kitchen." Tiffany smiles and leaves.

and the moment she does, Karina looks over at winter, seeing her blush like crazy. "You good?" Karina chuckles.

"Yeah, but why did your mom have to come in here just to tell you there's fruits? They're just fruits." Winter retorts.

Karina snorts. "Because we're fruity." She bursts out laughing at her own joke.

Winter just stares in disbelief, chuckling at how adorable Karina looked while laughing.

Nonetheless, Winter arrives home still feeling upset for some reason. When she gets to her bed, she cuddles in the covers and closes her eyes.

Now all she's thinking about is Karina.

Karina, Karina, Karina. If only she had that chance to kiss her today she'd probably come home feeling happy.

So close.

But thinking of how close she's gotten with Karina makes her smile. The moments they had together, how stunning Karina always was, how close she almost got to kiss her..

Now she's back in square one, thinking of how she didn't get to kiss Karina.

"It's alright win. one day, one day you will." She tells herself.

"what's gotten into me?" She silently groans, kicking and turning.