12.) Journal

"So is this why you didn't want to tell me what that yellow journal was yet until I was 16?" Yeoreum questioned her mom.

"Yeah, pretty much." Karina smiled.

"Mom you did a lot.." the younger one was amazed.

"I wish I was dedicated to someone this much." Yeoreum sighs.

"And you can be." Karina smiles when she hears the familiar voice ring.

"You're home babe?"

"I've been home, I was just listening to you guys chat from the living room." Winter laughed.

"Mom you can't eavesdrop like that!" Their daughter playfully snarled.

"Can't help it! I just love hearing that story about mom's yellow journal."

They all laugh but it comes to a stop when they hear their doorbell being spammed a million times.

"Aunt Ning and Aeri?" Yeoreum peeked through the window.

"I bet it is.." Winter gets the door.

"About time! It's hot outside, geez." Aeri walks through the door, fanning herself.

"Hey, is it alright if I use your bathroom quick?"

"Can I come along with you baby?" Ning asked aeri.

"You guys do you, just don't..." Winter makes unidentified hand gestures, hinting at something.

"What? Ew No, not here!" And off they run Into the bathroom.

Winter shakes her head before turning to look at her wife and daughter.

"Ready for your birthday Yeoreum?" Karina asks and she gets an enthusiastic nod from her.

"Seriously, who left the house door open? Intruders can come in!" Taeyeon shakes her head.

"Tae, you forgot to close your car door." Tiffany chuckles.

"Mom, I'm surprised you showed up with Tae." Karina greeted her mom.

"She's my bestie, what'd you expect?" Tiffany wrapped one arm around Taeyeon's neck.

"Yah let go-" Taeyeon was running out of breath.

"Okayyy we're do- oh my! Tiffany! Janitor Tae!" Aeri hugs them.

"You're so grown!" Taeyeon and Tiffany exclaimed.

"And look at the cheerleader!" Taeyeon laughed.

"It's nice meeting you again, Janitor Tae!" Ning giggled.

"It's been a decade and you guys still call me janitor tae, things never change, do they?" Taeyeon clicks her tongue.

"It really doesn't," all the girls laugh.

And look at my kiddo, are you ready for your 16th birthday Yeoreum?" Taeyeon ruffled

"I bet she is." Tiffany joined Taeyeon in ruffling the girl's hair.

Both winter and Karina just watch with a smile. With just the family and a couple of close friends, both Winter and Karina proceeded to celebrate Yeoreum's 16th birthday.

Maybe ten years into the future their life isn't so bad, all for one yellow journal.

The End