- 002

Not long after moving in with Mandi, Maria managed to get a job working at a gas station. It wasn't the best paying job, obviously, but she also started a YouTube which she got money off. It wasn't enough to quit her day job, but she could now split rent with Mandi and buy herself nice things, allowing her to grow into her alternative style more.

As for Mandi, her YouTube continued to grow. They stayed in their apartment, which changed a little over the years. Mandi's aesthetic got darker, and parts of the apartment fit more into Maria's vibe. If you walked in, you'd totally be able to tell who decorated what.

The two knew each other inside and out. Maria had quickly opened up to Mandi about her childhood, her struggles with ADHD, her relationship with everyone in her life and why she ran away.

As for Mandi, it took her a little longer to open up. Despite her extroverted front, Mandi wasn't very in touch with her emotions, seeking out the positive in everything and not really giving herself a chance to understand what was really happening. Of course, being positive is a good thing, but not when you completely ignore everything bad.

Still, she ended up opening up to Maria about her past, telling her things that only her parents would know. She'd never really had any friends to tell about it up until now.

2023

Mandi was filming a vlog for her channel that had gained way more popularity over the past seven years, now having just over nine hundred thousand subscribers. She loved her job, the only downside of it was the amount of places she'd been kicked out of for filming. She was okay with it, though, she wasn't easily embarrassed.

She walked into the t-shirt store, trying to find something for Maria since she'd made a comment about how funny some of the graphic tees they had were.

The walked around the store, looking at the racks and asking the camera what one they think Maria would most like.

"If her name's Maria why don't you get her an All Time Low one? Like Dear Maria," someone said behind Mandi, and she turned around to see a tall guy with a sort of mullet hair cut. He was wearing a semi cropped tank top and low rise pants, and she could just about see some tattoos poking out, along with some patchwork tattoos on his arm.

"That'd be funny, actually. She gets so annoyed when I sing her that song, though."

"All the more reason to get it, right? Is it her birthday or something?"

"No, but she said she likes some of the shirts in here. The ones with the writing on."

"All of the shirts have writing on, they're graphic tees."

Mandi rolled her eyes and pointed over at the section of t-shirts she was talking about. Jake laughed, walking over and grabbing a shirt that said 'I ❤️ BOOBS'.

"How does she feel about boobs?" He asked. Mandi laughed at how bold Jake was. She liked him, he was funny.

"I mean, she likes her own. I think."

"Perfect! You should get her this one. Although now you're probably torn between both of my amazing and hilarious ideas."

"Not really, I'll just get her both."

"Great solution."

"Well, thanks for the ideas, um..."

"Jake."

"Mandi. With an 'i'."

"Thanks for specifying, Mandi with an 'i'."

The two smiled at each other and Mandi walked away to pay attention the counter. She loved little interactions like that. Most people didn't tend to talk in public anymore, whether it be the fact they were too scared, or just couldn't be bothered, so it was nice to meet extroverts like herself.

When Mandi got home, she handed Maria the bag. She took out the first shirt and rolled her eyes playfully.

"The same retired joke for seven years," Maria joked.

"Hey, it wasn't me this time, it was Jake."

"Who the hell's Jake?"

"Some guy from the store. I was talking to the camera about what one to get you, and he overheard your name and told me to get an All Time Low one. Then I told him about the ones with the words that you like, and he picked up the other shirt and asked me your opinion on boobs, so I told him you like your own, then we were stumped on which one I should get you so I got you both."

"Well, thanks for letting some random guy know my opinions on my own titties, although there's not much there."

"You're welcome! I'm gonna go and edit my video, let me know if you make food."

"Would I make you any?"

"You always do."

Maria laughed as Mandi walked into her bedroom. That was true. Maria was a way better cook than Mandi, her moving in was like a godsend.

As Mandi editted, she heard a notification coming from her phone. She'd posted a picture on her instagram the All Time Low shirt, and it had already gotten a lot of comments, but one in particular stood out to her, along with a second notification.

 She'd posted a picture on her instagram the All Time Low shirt, and it had already gotten a lot of comments, but one in particular stood out to her, along with a second notification

Liked by jakewebber9, larray and 174,305 others

MANDIWITHANI | got maria this suuuper cool effing shirt because all time low literally has a song about her and this hoe wont even wear it🖕 @notsodearmaria ITS LITERALLY YOUR USERNAME EMBRACE IT! anyway new video out soon🥳

NOTSODEARMARIA: dear maria do NOT count me in.

USER1: i'll wear it
——— USER4839: omg literally the first user ever?

JAKEWEBBER9: i can't believe she doesn't appreciate my awesome suggestion like...
——— USER2939: tina? what are you doing here?

jakewebber9 followed you

hey guys! just a quick one to say that maria has adhd. i've never written a character with adhd but ive done as much research as i can into adhd itself and also how to write a character with it, but if any of you have adhd and find anything i say to be innacurate then please do lmk!

when i say 'anything i say' i mean about adhd directly, not about maria bc obvs everyone with adhd is diff so even if she doesn't act like you or someone yk who has it that doesn't make the depiction incorrect