- 009

sorry for the time skip i just don't rlly know how to fill this

also bc adam is back in the picture there isn't gonna be much jake and maria content so i need some ideas of johnnie and mandi stuff plz

It'd been a month since Maria and Adam started seeing each other again. Tomorrow was the fourth of July, and they were going to a beach party like typical Americans. Jake and Johnnie would be there, too.

"You're not gonna wear one of those stupid American bikinis, are you?" Mandi asked Maria. She spun around on her seat and saw Maria just staring at her. "Maria! That's so cringe."

"I need to be in the spirit! Pride for my country. You forget I'm southern, Mandi, my people take this very seriously."

"Pride for obesity and guns."

"Exactly. Now stop harassing me over my outfit choices and do your makeup, God knows you need it."

Mandi pretended to be offended, before getting back to her makeup. "Maria, do you happen to have any waterproof eyeliner?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Shit. What about eyeshadow?"

"Yeah. Not black, though. Don't you have any?"

"No, I ran out. Shit, I can't go."

"Don't be stupid, Mands, of course you can, you'll just not look at emo."

Mandi sighed. She didn't care about looking 'emo'. Everyday since she was about sixteen, she'd refuse to the leave the house without her makeup on. Not because she wanted everyone to know she was an emo, but because she hated the way she, especially her eyes, looked without it. But she didn't wanna miss the party she knew Maria was looking forward to so much.

So instead she put on as much waterproof mascara as she could, trying her best to make herself look the way she usually did. It didn't work, but she pushed it to the back of her mind, maybe this could be some kind of confidence builder. She doubted it, though, and she knew she was running to the store first thing in the morning to get waterproof eyeliner and eyeshadow.

She got into her bikini, throwing a small black dress over it and putting on her converse. "I'm probably not even gonna swim," Mandi said.

"Why? That's so boring!"

"There are gonna be so many people there, I don't wanna share the sea with them, I'll probably get all sorts of herpes."

"Herpes are temporary, America is forever."

"Whatever, hurry up, the guys should be here to pick us up any minute."

"The guys?"

"Jake and Johnnie."

"Oh! Adam actually said he'd come and get me a little later, that's why I'm taking my time."

"Adam?"

"Um, yeah, my boyfriend."

If Mandi had a drink, she would've definitely spat it out. "Boyfriend?! Since when?"

"Yesterday." The girls heard a knock on their door. "That'll be one of the guys, you better run. I'll see you later."

"Right, bye."

Mandi grabbed her bag and threw her sunglasses on, opening the door to see Johnnie. "Hey!" She said. Johnnie took note of her outfit, just a bikini top and shorts.

"Not looking so emo today," he said.

"Couldn't find a cool bikini in time," Mandi rolled her eyes, "But plain black's good enough."

The two began walking towards the exit of the apartment building. "Where's Maria?" He asked.

"Still getting ready, Adam's picking her up. He's her boyfriend now."

"The one you don't like?"

"Kind of, but not really. I hate to admit my wrongs, but I think Maria was right when she said he'd changed. Still doesn't erase the past, though, so I'm keeping an eye on him. Anyway, enough about her, what about you? Are you gonna be okay going out in the sun? You know, considering you're a vampire and all."

"Please, you're just as white as me."

Maria pretended to be offended as they got outside. "Hey, you better watch out, summer's upon us. Half Asian half Hispanic, you best believe I'm gonna tan like crazy."

"I'll believe it when I see it, Bella Swan."

"Ew, Johnnie! Choose a better vampire."

"Better vampire?" She heard a female voice behind her say, "Bella Swan's hot!"

Mandi jumped as she heard the voice, turning around to be greeted in a hug. "Tara," she smiled, "Hey!"

Mandi and Maria had met Tara not like after meeting Jake and Johnnie, and they'd formed a sort of group. However, Maria wasn't very frequently with them now that she was with Adam.

Although they'd only known each other a few months, the two girls had gotten close to the boys and to Tara. It was strange having a friend group considering their only close friends for the past few years had been each other, but it was a good kind of strange.

Tara and Mandi got in the back and Johnnie got in the passenger seat, Jake already behind the wheel.

"Hey, where's Maria?" He asked as he began driving.

"Adam's getting her," Johnnie said.

"Her ex?"

"Her boyfriend."

Jake was lucky they were at a stop light, because he probably wouldn't crashed the car had he been driving. Still, his face showed it all.

"My reaction exactly," Mandi said. "Hey, he's coming to the party tonight, maybe you guys will get the chance to meet him."

"From what I've heard about the past, I don't wanna meet him," Tara said.

"Maria says he's changed, and so far he's proving her right. I just hope it's not all an act."

writer's block 🤛 party chaptwds

also idrk if this book is moving fast i just didn't wanna do the whole getting close as friends thing it's so BORING so ya they're already close lol