- 011

Eventually, Maria, Jake and Tara got out of the water, Adam deciding to stay behind with some friends. Mandi grabbed another drink, Johnnie stopping her for a second.

"Should you really be having another?" He asked.

"Johnnie!" Mandi slurred, "Don't worry, you'll be just as drunk as me soon enough. I'm having fun."

"Not worried about the hangover?"

"Not one bit. Hey, Jake's pretty drunk, too, why aren't you yelling at him? I'm gonna go on a walk."

Mandi stupid up and began walking. "Should someone keep an eye on her?" Tara asked.

"I'll go," Maria said.

Maria caught up with Mandi, which wasn't really hard considering she was walking pretty slow. "Hey, Maria," Mandi said, leaning her head on her shoulder.

"Don't walk like that, we'll fall over," Maria said, "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"So how come you've came on a walk?"

"Johnnie was annoying me."

"Huh? How?"

"He's just so caring, Maria."

"And that annoys you?"

"Well yeah, because he's making it ridiculously hard to not just, like, kiss his face off."

Maria's eyes widened. "You like Johnnie?"

"No! No, nothing like that. I'd never think like this when I'm sober, but I've got alcohol in my system and he looks kinda hot tonight, so."

"I get it. You get way more easily turned on when you're drunk. Still, you shouldn't just walk away because of it."

"Meh, I would've wanted to come on a walk anyway."

Maria put her arm around Mandi. "Maybe one day you'll get to kiss him."

The next morning, Maria woke up with a pounding headache, sun glaring through the window

The next morning, Maria woke up with a pounding headache, sun glaring through the window. She instantly shut her eyes upon opening them, initially assuming she was in Adam's bedroom.

"Adam, close the curtains," she said.

"Sure thing, sweetie," she heard a voice that certainly wasn't Adam say. She sat up to see Tara closing the curtains.

"Oh my God, Tara! Wait, why am I in your bed? Don't tell me-"

"Omg, Maria, no. We're in Jake and Johnnie's guest room, you couldn't find Adam last night and we were all so hammered, so we just came to the closest house. Mandi's sleeping on the floor."

Maria looked over the bed to see a bunch of pillows and blankets, but no Mandi. "No she's not."

"That's weird, maybe she went to the bathroom."

Maria was about to get up to go and knock on the bathroom door, when they hear a yelling.

"Oh my God!"

The yell came from Mandi, who's just woken up in Johnnie's room. All she could see above the covers was her in a bra and him shirtless. She'd woken Johnnie up much earlier than he'd anticipated.

"Jesus, Mands, what- Mandi?!"

"Johnnie, did we-?"

"I don't know, I can't remember anything."

"We must've, you're shirtless and I'm in my bra."

Johnnie rolled his eyes and lifted the bedsheets, revealing his swimming trunks and her denim shorts.

"We're in swimsuits, genius. We were hammered, I doubt we'd be able to fuck and then put all of our clothes back on properly. We're fine."

"Right. Still not sure why I'm in your bed, though, I could've sworn I remembered being in the room with Maria and Tara."

"Maybe you sleep walked. Who knows? Whatever you did, I think you just woke the whole house up."

Mandi pulled her phone from her pocket and checked the time. "Good, it's about time we all woke up, it's 2PM."

"I have two more hours."

"If you wake up now I'll make you breakfast."

Johnnie sighed. "Fine."

"But first you need to take off your makeup that you slept it."

"Ditto."

The two went to the bathroom and washed their face, before coming out and seeing the other three in the living room.

"Heard you say you were making breakfast," Jake said to Mandi.

"I suppose I have to make it for all of you now."

"Hey, has anyone seen my phone?" Maria asked, "I need to text Adam."

Tara handed her her phone. "Was stuck between the pillows in the bed. Make sure to tell him your walking around another guys house in a bikini."

"I will. He won't care who I'm with or what I'm wearing, as long as I'm safe."

private messages

MARIA
heyyy
where'd you go last night?
i'm at jake and johnnie's

ADAM
how come you're there?

MARIA
couldn't find you
we were all so drunk and they lived
the closest
don't worry i slept in the guest room
with tara

ADAM
alr as long as your safe
i'm at home
can't remember where i went or how
i got here tbh
i'll pick u up from there later if u want

MARIA
mandi's here
i'll go home with her
way too hungover to hang out today

Maria put down her phone and turned to Mandi. "What are you cooking?"

"Bacon and eggs," Mandi answered, "For some reason these guys have no other breakfast foods."

"Why would I need breakfast food in my house when I can eat out?" Jake asked.

"I don't know, maybe because it saves money?"

"He doesn't need to save money, he drives a Tesla," Maria said.

"Hey, Jake, do you remember last night?" Mandi asked.

"Mhm," Jake said, "Maria nearly puked in the dishwasher, and you and Tara had to, like, collab to carry her to the bathroom, and it was ridiculously hard to hold her hair back because she has so much of it."

"Anything else?"

"Oh yeah, I heard you and Johnnie going at it like rabbits, so loud."

"What?!" Mandi practically screamed as Johnnie choked on air.

"Kidding! You went into his room because you didn't wanna sleep on the floor in the guest room, so you were like 'Johnnieeeee let me sleep in your bed the floor is so so so hard. Please.' I don't know why you were begging, he let you in pretty much straight away."

"That wasn't a funny joke. If these eggs weren't already fried, I'd be giving you salmonella."