┊𝗜𝗜𝗜

─────══─────
『 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟯 』
──══──
━『 Argument 』

Confusion spreads through me as I watch Konahamaru and Shikamaru leave Kawaki's hospital room without Lord Seventh. "Where did the liar go?" I inquire, tilting my head to the side.

Shikamaru speaks up, "Don't call the Hokage a 'Lair'. He's currently inside, so feel free to enter if you need to."

Reluctantly, I agree to go inside and brush past him with a blank expression. Ever since the day Kawaki escaped, it has been my responsibility to protect him. That's why I'm careful to comply with everything Lord Seventh asks of me.

I always had to be vigilant, keeping a constant watch with my Dojutsu to ensure that both Kawaki and I were safe from any potential threats. And if a threat did arise, I would have the upper hand.

Kawaki and the Lord Seventh were deep in conversation when I walked in, exhaustion evident on my face. Kawaki's eyes shifted to meet mine before quickly returning to their conversation, while Lord Seventh seemed to take note of our brief exchange.

"Oh, Shin," The Hokage greets me as I enter the room.

"Come in." I had already observed Shikamaru and Lord Seventh's conversation a few minutes ago through my Dojutsu before they came to visit Kawaki in his hospital

Shikamaru strongly opposed the idea of keeping Kawaki and me in the village, fearing that it would put all the people living here at risk.

He reminded him that the Kara were always on the lookout for an opportunity to take us back to one of their bases.

He kept insisting that Kawaki and I were spies, sent here to gather information on this insignificant village. As if Jigen would even bother with something like that.

Lord Seventh argued that if Shikamaru's suspicions were true, then all the more reason for him to keep a close eye on us. But Shikamaru was not making things easy.

He persistently pressed the Hokage to put Kawaki under intense surveillance.

I rested my weight against the cabinet, watching as the two of them chatted. Mostly, it was the Hokage doing the talking.

I crossed my arms and leaned a leg against the wall, activating my Dojutsu. My left eye glowed as I observed their conversation.

I kept going through memories of interactions with the Hokage, and I stumbled upon one where he was in a meeting with four other individuals, which seemed to be happening simultaneously with the events unfolding before me.

My eyebrows come together in confusion as I quietly mutter, "What is the Seventh Hokage up to?"

Scanning quickly, I see that the four people surrounding the Hokage are leaders from the nearby lands.

After reviewing the entire meeting, they decide to keep both Kawaki and me safe within the Village, all in agreement.

I was stop watching when one of the leaders spoke again, his face etched with obvious concern.

The red-headed man rests his chin on his hands, pondering. "What was that boy's name again? Shin?" He asks, recalling the conversation from earlier.

"You mentioned he can create portals with his teleportation ability. That's a rare power, only known to be used by Urashiki Otsutsuki and Kaguya Otsutsuki, as well as other members of the Otsutsuki clan. And those who possess the Rinnegan."

During the meeting, the Hokage states, "We are continuously exploring different possibilities and potential interpretations of this."

"As demonstrated in Ryuten, Shin has the power to absorb jutsu - a fact that was proven when he absorbed the flames. What's even more astonishing is that he can do this without possessing a Karma or any features of an Otsusuki. We are still researching to uncover the potential of what Shin could truly be," said Katasuke.