02

Three months ago.

The University cafeteria was so crowded when we entered its hall. There are so many students talking to each other. I was trying to find seats for both of us. Then I saw an empty bench in the corner.

"Let's sit there!" I said, pointing to the bench.

"Why do you always sit in the corner!" Emily protested to me.

"First, there are no other benches. Second, no one can hear us. Third, we can see everyone from there." I tried to convince Emily.

"What!? Are you stalking someone!" Emily swaggered.

"No, I never stalk someone." I said firmly.

"Oh, come on Martha. You have to approach some men. Six months ago you had been 18." Emily now persuades me to date men, but I don't respond to Emily when I put my ass on that hard stool.

"You're only 18 in two days, and of course Daniel has punched a hole in you." I said smartly.

"All the girls have holes here. And you're still opening your fu#cking book." Emily closed the literary book I had just opened.

"No one wants to date me." I said curtly, "You're beautiful, cute, and have adorable cheeks. Compare it to me, my eyes are myopic when I see something far away."

"I don't want my best friend to be alone. You know Daniel will give me a surprise when my sweet eighteen comes up. I hope you also have someone like Daniel. So that we can party together." Said the kind Emily.

"Mnn,,, at least my tits are bigger than yours." I try to proud of mine.

"Hahaha,,, you are good at joking." Emily retracted her gaze. Then he told me something, "look at that man!"

"Which one?"

She directed my face looking at a thin man with an almost bald head. The man also wore glasses like me, he was eating as if he were in a restaurant. The way he eats is really organized and classy.

"I can take it for you, if you want?" Emily offered.

"What the , , , !" I cursed, "but thank you, I don't want to be tied down by that psychopath."

"Isn't he good, just like you?" Emily persuaded me again. "He's like, , , "

Emily hasn't had time to say her judgment. But I interrupted, "He's like a sex-mad psychopath who ties her partner upside down, then he smears her with oil and whips her to death."

"Hahaha,,, you are really funny." Emily laughed. Her beautiful straight hair was hanging down, in contrast to my red curls.

We were silent for a moment, then Emily chattered. "What about that man!"

"Which one else?" I was lazy to respond to her. But Emily turned my face to a burly man like a rugby player. He was also with other burly men as well. They were seen chatting with each other.

"He's gay." I responded briefly.

"How do you know?" Emily asked curiously.

"Every night they sleep together in the boys dorm. Of course, they watch adult movies and stimulate each other." I guessed.

"Hahahaha,,, it's really funny." Emily couldn't accept my jokes. She laughed until she wiped away her tears.

"Hi, girls. What are you guys talking about?" We didn't realize that Daniel was already behind Emily, he sat next to Emily and kissed Emily on the lips gently.

"How was your day, honey?" Emily praised her lover.

"Awesome, sweety." Daniel replied. Daniel put his arms around Emily's shoulders and they looked affectionate. A suitable couple in my opinion, I can only reopen my literary books to divert my attention.

"I want Martha to date a man, but she's embarrassed." Emily confided in her lover.

Daniel seemed to care about what Emily said about me. He kept kissing his lover until Emily's cheek flushed.

"Baby, stop it!" Emily struggled.

"I think, you're pretty, Martha." Daniel's words about me choked me up. "I'm sure, if you can open your heart and mind. Many men are interested in you."

I was getting more and more misbehaving with Daniel's words. But I have to keep looking elegant. Even though Daniel is a handsome man with thick eyebrows, neat hair with a high nose and a look that seems to strip me. I like him, but I prefer him to be with my best friend.

I smiled at the couple and close my book. "Can we change the conversation about Emily's 18th birthday event?"

Emily smiled and winked at me. It looked like She was sending me a telepathic message, but my brain couldn't encrypt it.

"Oh, of course I remember." Daniel kissed Emily on the forehead, his eyes hinting at a surprise that might make Emily ecstatic. But to me, it's just an empty phrase. Every time we celebrate something. Daniel and Emily always ended up in bed, and I slept alone waiting for the morning.

"At 5 o'clock, just wait at home. I'll come to bring you a surprise." Daniel tells us. I reacted casually, but not with Emily.

"What do you want to surprise me with?" Emily asked. Now that it's just the two of them chatting, I'm just staring at the painful excitement.

"How can surprises be notified at the beginning of the show?" Daniel teases Emily. "For sure, I made you happy, sweaty."

I just swallowed my saliva when I heard such a romantic word. I was happy to see them both, but in my deepest little heart. I hurt because I couldn't be as happy as them. Maybe this is who I am, self-created no one comes close.