1. Welcome to Berk!

Hero is a 15 year old, dark-skinned, teenager who was currently helping their mom and sister move a barrel of water to the middle of the village for the sudden attack the dragons landed on it tonight.

The place was covered in fire and chaos as others ran around the family to get into their positions or just to randomly attack any dragon that got near them.

"You and Freya continue bringing the water to the others. Once that's done, help them extinguish the fires." Their mom orders, turning to Stoick, the village chief who was motioning for her to come over. "I'm probably going to go fight a dragon."

"Don't die!" Freya shouts.

"I never do!"

Hero, who was ignoring the conversation, looked in front of them to see some of the teenagers around their age run towards them with buckets in hand, ready to fill them up.

"There's enough in here for 30-35 bucket fills." Freya informs. "Use them wisely."

"Oh I will." One of the teenagers named Snotlout brags, staring at Freya with loving eyes. "Don't worry about me."

Freya looks at him in disgust before shouting at the twins to not use as much water as they were.

"What?" One of the twins (Tuffnut) questioned. "We need as much water as we can get!"

"Yeah, and we're going to use them wisely!" The other twin (Ruffnut) added.

"You idiots, your bucket is overflowing!" Freya scolds, hitting the two in the back of the head.

Hero rolls their eyes at the argument before looking at the last two teenagers, Astrid and Fishlegs, who were actually trying to do their job. Astrid notices their gaze and glares at them, causing Hero to glare back.

"What? Don't you have a job to do?" Hero questions, watching Astrid huff before the entire group of teenagers run to extinguish some of the houses.

"You know, I question why we do this." Freya says, leaning on the barrel of water. "We have to rebuild the houses anyway."

"I don't know, I guess they want us to be important or something." Hero shrugs. "Actually, why are you even here? Wouldn't mom want you to help her fight?"

"Yeah but you're too weak to move the barrel on your own." Freya responds quickly.

"Screw you too." Hero grumbles, causing their sister to burst out laughing.

"You asked." Freya says before remembering something. "Mom did tell us to help them with the fires. You wanna do it?"

"I don't feel like it."

"Me neither." The two stood in silence for a bit before Freya spoke up again. "Did you see Hiccup run into the battle?"

"What!?" Hero shouts, frantically looking around for the boy to use him as entertainment.

"Yeah! He ran through the crowd rolling this weird mechanical thing with him! He's probably going to knock somebody out again."

"Or cause more fire than their already is."

"Or maybe he'll actually kill a dragon."

Hero looks at their sister in slight confusion before watching the group of teenagers come back to them with their buckets empty.

Hiccup is around Hero's age and is built like a stick. He's called the village fuck up because...he fucks up. A lot. He tries to help when it comes to fighting but he either accidentally frees dragons, wrecks buildings, knocks out people, or somehow burns more houses. He does more damage than the dragons sometimes and then someone has to save him because any time he does encounter a dragon, he can't actually fight it off or out run it so another Viking always has to help him.