3. Forbidden Friendships

I was going to do an actual drawing but didn't like how it turned out so you just get Hero :D
-----

Their second day of training was going marvelously. Not really.

The arena got turned into some sort of maze and Gobber released a Deadly Nadder on the teenagers with the purpose of teaching them how to attack.

"I'm not fighting that thing!" Hero shouts, ducking out of the way of the Nadder.

"Yes you will, Hero!" Gobber shouts before announcing to the rest of the class. "Nadders are quick and light on their feet. You need to be quicker and lighter!"

Hero rolls their eyes at his words and continues to run around the maze until they come across Astrid and Snotlout and just stick to those two.

"Look for its blind spot! Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it and strike."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Hiccup calls, getting Gobber's attention. "So how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?"

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale. Now get in there!" Gobber shouts.

"I know but-"

"Hiccup!" Astrid hisses as she, Snotlout and Hero were crouched near the wall. "Get down!"

Astrid then looks over the corner to see the Nadder looking around. She takes a deep breath before quickly rolling across the gap of the wall. Snotlout and Hero follow behind. Hiccup tries to also roll across but his shield weighs him down and alerts the Nadder. He quickly screams and runs away as the Nadder chases him before it sets its sights on the other three.

Astrid was getting ready to attack until Snotlout pushes her out of the way and tries to throw his mace. He misses and the Nadder laughs at him as Astrid and Hero glare at him.

"The sun was in my eyes!" He complains to them before dodging the Nadder's attack. "Do you want me to block the sun? I mean I can do that for you two but I don't have enough time-"

Snotlout gets separated from Astrid and Hero as the Nadder continues to chase after them, destroying the maze along the way.

They had to literally jump on top of the maze to escape the dragon.

"Hiccup! Move!" Hero shouts as they and Astrid jump down to where he was and crash into him. Astrid and Hero fly across the ground with Astrid's ax getting stuck in Hiccup's shield and Hero losing their spear. "Shit, fuck!"

Astrid runs to where her weapon is and tries to pull it out with Hiccup also trying but mainly just getting in the way, forcing Astrid to push his face away from her.

Hero looks around for their weapon, noticing the Nadder was running directly towards them.

"Fuck it!" They grab the shield next to them and throw it towards the Nadder, hitting it on the side of the face. Astrid, who also gave up in trying to tear her ax away from Hiccup's shield then smacked it in the face with her weapon, making the dragon cower in fear and walk away.

"Nice teamwork, you two!" Gobbler congratulates while Hero's legs give out on them and they just lay on the ground, breathing heavily.

Astrid glances at them before turning to glare at Hiccup. "Is this some kind of a joke to you!?" She shouts. "Our parent's war is about to become ours, figure out which side you're on!"

Everybody, excluding Hiccup and Hero, leaves the arena. Hiccup slowly gets up from off the ground and walks over to Hero who was now staring at the sky.

"Are you okay?" Hiccup asks.

"I'm going to punch you in the throat." Hero threatens.

"Oh. That's great..."