9. Welcome to Berk (Reprised)

TOTALLY DIDNT LEAVE FOR A WHOLE MONTH :0
But yeah, I'm sorry. There isn't even a true reason, I just got stuck on a part of a book and took a break lol
So to make up for that! Here's the last chapter of the first book and the first three chapters of the second one!
--

Hiccup was sleeping on his bed as Toothless and Koi stood over him. Toothless starts to make little noises at him, trying to wake him up while Koi starts nudging at his side.

Hiccup slowly wakes up and looks at the two dragons through squinted eyes. Toothless starts nudging the side of Hiccup's face with his nose as he gently greets him.

"Hey, Toothless..."

Koi licks her lips and starts to lick the other side of Hiccup face.

"Koi..."

Hiccup smiles at the two before groaning in pain when Toothless accidentally steps on his stomach. He then realizes where he is.

"I-I'm in my house..." He turns to the two dragons who looked ecstatic. "You're both in my house..." Toothless starts jumping off the walls out of excitement, crashing into random things. "Does my dad know you two are here? What about Hero? Where is Hero!?" He then tries to jump out of bed but pauses when something feels...off.

He raises the covers off him and his eyes widen because underneath the covers was a prosthetic leg. Toothless calms down and stands next to Koi with a murmur as they both watch Hiccup.

Hiccup looks down, deep in thought before moving to the side of the bed and setting his feet onto the ground (well...maybe "foot"?) Koi sniffs the leg and looks up at Hiccup who has a panicked expression on his face, he then takes a deep breath, pushing himself off the bed.

He takes enough breath before moving forward, taking his hands on the bed, then another step...then he falls, but at least Toothless is there to catch him just in time.

"Thanks, Bud..." Hiccup says, leaning on Toothless as both dragons walk side by side of him, helping him get to the entrance of the house. Hiccup leans on the door and slowly starts to open it but closes it immediately when he's met with the sight of a Monstrous Nightmare roaring right outside his front door. "Toothless, Koi...stay here."

He then opens the door again and realizes it was just Snotlout on the Monstrous Nightmare.

"Okay, you guys ready!?" He shouts. "Hold on tight, here we go!"

All of Hiccup's friends followed behind Snotlout, most likely racing. He noticed one of them was missing but that wasn't the main focus right now. The main focus was that the entire village was covered with dragons and some of the most recent houses had dragon heads on it. It was...interesting to say the least.

"I knew it, I'm dead." Hiccup says in a shocked tone.

His father laughs as he walks up to his son. "No, but you gave it your best shot." He pats his shoulder and motions to the village. "So, what do you think?"

The Vikings notice Hiccup and start to run towards him, greeting him and cheering for him as he looks around in confusion.

"Turns out all we needed was a little more off..." Stoick motions to Hiccup. "...This."

"You just gestured to all of me..." Hiccup mutters and Stoick nods at him with a smile.

"Well, most of you." Gobber chimes in, walking towards the group and gesturing to the prosthetic leg. "That bit's my handiwork. With a little Hiccup flair thrown in. You think it'll do?"

"I might make a few tweaks." Hiccup says with a smile as the Vikings around him chuckle.

"You're alive!!!" He suddenly hears a voice shout and before he could fully process who was shouting at him, he got tackled to the ground into a tight hug.

Hero laughs in excitement as Hiccup awkwardly hugs back.

"Hero!" Freya scolds from behind the two, hands on her hips. Hero jumps and quickly backs away from Hiccup. "Sorry, sorry! That was a lot!" They apologized, pulling him back up.

"Hero?" Hiccup mutters, looking at his friend in surprise.

"What? You thought I died? I woke up right after our dramatic fight at the ne-"

Hiccup grabs Hero by the cheeks and pulls them into a kiss. The Vikings around them "ooh" and "aww" at the interaction. Freya nudges Saga's shoulder who chuckles.

Hiccup fully realizes what he just did and backs away, moving his hands to Hero's shoulders, patting them awkwardly with a small laugh and trying to put up a facade. "Ah..ha...I have no clue where that came from...sorry that was so random."

Hero lets out a small laugh and Hiccup automatically melts, his facade fading away immediately.

He goes back to reality when Gobber hands him a red prosthetic tailfin for Toothless. "Welcome home." Gobber greets.

Hero perks up when they hear a door open and Toothless' roar. They then yelp when they see both Toothless and Koi jumping over the Vikings and towards them.

"Night Fury! StormStriker!"

"Get down!"

Hero and Hiccup laugh at their dragons.

"Oh! Come on!" Hero exclaims, grabbing Hiccup's hand. "Let's go try out the new tail fin. Yours truly actually helped make it!"

"You mean you just painted the thing!?" Gobber shouts.

"Yeah, I helped! Be grateful!"

-----

Hiccup locks his prosthetic leg into the mechanism of the tail fin, moving it around a bit to see how it worked. He then turns to Hero who was on top of Koi and was smiling at him.

'This...is Berk.'

"We all ready?" He asks, patting Toothless on the head.

"Yeah, let's go!" Hero cheers. Koi immediately takes off as Hiccup lets out a breathless laugh.

"Woah, cheater!"

'It snows nine months of the year and hails the other three.'

Toothless quickly follows Koi, playfully bumping into her when he catches up.

'Any food that grows here is tough and tasteless'

Astrid and her Deadly Nader join them, jumping off one of the houses and flying in front of them.

"Hey, Astrid!" Hero greets.

"Hey! You two better catch up or you'll lose this race!" Astrid replies, going faster.

'The people that grow here are even more so.'

"This was actually a race!?" Hiccup exclaims.

'The only upsides are the pets.'

The three soar through the village and underneath a rockway where Fishlegs and his Gronckle were resting. The two quickly follow the four and continue to fly together.

'While other places have ponies or parrots...we have...'

Snotlout and his Monstrous Nightmare join them from one side while Tuffnut and Ruffnut join from the other. They all fly together as a group. Hero and Hiccup take the lead as Toothless and Koi spin each other into the sky with their two best friends cheering loudly.

'Dragons.'