5. Astrid Goes for a Spin

They had found a small island for themselves to currently relax. Koi and Hero went hunting for fish while Hiccup and Toothless made a small campfire to cook some of the food. Once both things were set up (+ Toothless and Koi having a pile of fish) Hero fell asleep next to Hiccup, arms crossed and head to the side. Koi finished most of her fish and laid her head on Hero's thigh, falling asleep as well.

Toothless was still eating his fish (occasionally stealing some from Koi's pile) and Hiccup was in the middle of eating his own food. Suddenly Koi and Hero wake up with a jolt, hearing something come closer to them.

Four Terrible Terrors fly down to them and Hero slowly reaches to grab their spear as Toothless and Koi growl at the smaller dragons. One of them ties to snatch one of the fish but flinches when Toothless snaps at it. Another one successfully takes a smaller fish and starts eating it. Another runs up on it, trying to snatch it but the same one spews fire at it, making it run away.

Toothless glares at the dragons before looking at his pile in shock when one of the fishes mysteriously stands up and starts walking away. Koi walks over to the fish and snatches it, revealing another terrible terror. Koi eats the fish and laughs at it.

The terrible terror glares at Koi and starts readying its fire. Toothless stares at it with a deadpan expression and blast fire into the Terrible Terror's body when it opens its mouth, making it deflate and faceplant into the ground. It drunkenly gets back up and starts to walk away as Hiccup chuckles and Hero puts their spear back, no longer feeling threatened.

"Huh. Not so fireproof on the inside, are you?" Hiccup comments, throwing his half eaten fish at the dragon. "Here you go."

The dragon perks in excitement and swallows the fish hole before looking up at HIccup and Hero. It slowly makes its way towards them and moves Hiccup's arm, laying in between the two. Hiccup gently lays his hand on the small dragon as Hero moves its tail.

"Everything we know about you guys..." Hiccup breathes. "...Is wrong!"

-----

Hero walked into their house expecting to be alone and go straight to sleep, but instead they were met with their mom and sister sitting in the living room, talking to each other. They turn their heads to the door immediately when they hear it open and Freya jumps up from her spot, running towards Hero with her arms open.

Hero, not having much time to take in the situation, lets it happen but is too frozen to hug back. "Mom...Freya...? When did you two get here?" They ask.

Their mom stands up from her spot and goes to put a hand on Hero's head.

"We got here earlier today. You weren't here. Where were you?"

"With Hiccup." Hero answers and Freya gasps, backing away from Hero.

"Hiccup!? Since when did you become friends with Hiccup?" She asks.

"Like...rrriiiggghhhhttt after you two left. Turns out we have more in common than I thought." Hero says with a shrug and ducks under Freya's arm, going to lean on the couch. "Did you guys find the nest?"

"Sadly, no."

Hero nods in response and looks down at their fidgeting hands. "So...did you hear about how good Hiccup was doing at Dragon Training."

"Oh yeah, it's weird as hell." Freya chimes in, putting a hand on her hip. "But we also heard that you were doing good as well."

"Really?"

"Yes. Guess it proves that I can trust you to be by yourself." Their mom sighs with a tired smile. "The last class is tomorrow, right?"

"No, it's going to be HIccup and Astrid fighting over who gets to kill their first dragon. But me and the other students will be watching from inside the ring with Gobber. Sorry I didn't make it to the top two."