MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28:

"The imperial army are coming and they will attack your domain."

Baron Chao Bo looked at Jianjung Han Li with confusion and said, "I clearly do not understand the reason why The Son of Heaven will attack us when in fact we have lived peacefully in the forest and are never a threat to his empire."

"You do not know what goes into the insane mind of the Emperor. We have evidences that he is coming, in fact we can prove it; but worry no more, I am sent by Lord Hsein Mao Dong to offer you protection against the imperial army."

"I still do not understand - Lord Hsein Mao Dong, who is he?"

"He is your only hope and savior against the greedy and corrupt Emperor." Jiangjung Han Li said with conviction. "Oh, just to enlighten you as to the Emperor's motive; he has taken interest in your village when he realizes that your numbers are growing. He wants to suppress and make slaves out of all of you."

Baron Chao Bo, the village proclaimed leader thought hard about what Jiangjung Han Li said. His forehead wrinkled in deep thinking and worry.

"I am a living proof of the Emperor's cruelty. He had set afire on our village and corrupted all of our women. If you do not heed me, blood will soon spill the soil of your village."

"I will never let that happen." Baron Chao Bo said resolutely — anger evident in his eyes. A burning desire to protect his village fueled his heart. "If the Son of Heaven wants war, then I will give it to him."

"About my proposition?" Jiangjung Han Li asked, his other brow rose in question.

"Yes, of course," Baron Chao Bo nodded without a trace of hesitation. "I will let your army camp in my domain and give you additional forces in fighting against the Imperial army."

"Wonderful! You have made an excellent decision, Baron Chao Bo." Jiangjung Han Li smirked in triumph - Baron Chao Bo was a fool for easily believing that he offered protection when he had another plans for his village. Ah, some men are just so easy to deceived, he thought. "When will be the additional forces ready?"

"When do you need them?"

"The Imperial army's trail is not far behind as we have engaged them in a battle just a week ago; any time of the day, they will possibly arrive - I need the additional forces in the soonest possible time."

"I will have them assembled now."

"That's perfect."

"Wine, sir?" A maidservant approached the low table where Jiangjun Han Li and Baron Chao Bo were seated.

Jiangjun Han Li looked at the maidservant and eyed her with interest - she was a pretty little thing. A wicked thought came to his mind but he would have to take care of it a little longer after defeating the Imperial Army headed by Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei. He then took in the furnishings inside the huge tent of Baron Chao Bo. Despite the fact that his people had lived in a secluded area, away from the Central, they had not failed to procure wonderful and precious ornaments such as intricately crafted vases and silk adorning the walls. Artillery were not a problem as he had seen that the forest-village had acquired high-powered cannons and several bows and arrows.

"Yes, please," Jiangjun Han Li finally answered and smiled at the maidservant who had been standing awaiting for his reply.

As the maidservant poured wine into Jiangjun Han Li, he struggled to discreetly take a peek of what seemed to be amply hidden by her clothes. But another thing caught his attention - nah, it was quite an understatement - someone had captivated him.

"I see that my beloved daughter is here." Baron Chao Bo announced merrily.

"Bàba!" Chao Bo's daughter exclaimed happily and hugged her father before she warily looked at Jiangjun Han Li.

"Oh, excuse my manners," Baron Chao Bo apologized. "My daughter, this is Jiangjun Han Li of the Hsien army Hong Se unit, he is a new alliance of mine; Jiangjun Han Li, this is my wonderful daughter Chao Biming."

"Splendid to meet you, my lady," Jiangjun Han Li said with extreme interest. He stared at Chao Bao's daughter and reveled in her outstanding beauty. Her face was perfection as if sculpted by the heavenly Gods - her eyes sparkled with life, cheeks nary of rouge but rather glowed with health and, even if her figure was hidden by the silk dress, he could tell that beneath those layers of cloth was a body made to incite any living man to lust.

"I am sorry for interrupting you, bàba, I thought you are alone." Lady Chao Biming apologetically whispered to her father. "I apologized as well, Jiangjun Han Li."

"You are no interruption at all, my lady," Jiangjun Han Li replied courteously.

"Yes, my daughter, you are no interruption at all but what brings you here?"

"Uhm, I have seen a strange army in our camp."

"Well, they are not strangers anymore, daughter, they are our saviors."

"Savior?" Lady Chao Biming's beautiful brows rose in confusion. "Why do we need saviors when we do not have any enemies?"

Jiangjun Han Li cleared his throat. "The Imperial army has decided to make enemies of your village. The Emperor sends them to seize everything in your village and make slaves out of all of you."

"The Son of Heaven cannot be so cruel to do that - we are never a threat to his Empire, why now?"

Jiangjun beseechingly looked at Baron Chao Bo, uncomfortable with discussing war matters to a female.

"I see that my daughter is indeed mirror of my own mind - we have the same sentiment." Baron Chao Bo proudly commented.

"Should we discuss such sensitive matter where females are around?"

Lady Chao Biming was affronted with Jiangjun Han Li's statement that her face flushed with angry red but she chose to keep her mouth shut.

"The females in my village are treated as equals of the males -- after all, they carry our children and helped in building our village; without them, we are nothing." Baron Chao Bo explained to Jiangjun Han Li.

"That is surprising," Jiangjun Han Li commented with delight in his voice though the disdainful sneer on his mouth was unmistakable; he was strongly opposed to Baron Chao Bo's notion of male and female equality. He would have to deal with this one later. There would be a lot of things to change in Baron Chao Bo's village but those things would have to wait as defeating the imperial army was his imminent concern as of the moment. He would swallow his pride, pretend that he was the savior when he planned to add this village to the list Hsien army's casualties.

"It is surprising indeed for someone who has an aversion to the notion," Lady Chao Biming said sarcastically unable to contain her irritation.

"Daughter!" Baron Chao Bo exclaimed, a bit scandalized, though pride could be detected in his voice.

"Please excuse me, bàba, I am dying to take my leave." Lady Chao Biming said hastily, unable to stomach the overbearing Jiangjun Han Li who had first eyed her as if he would tear her clothes off before transforming into an abject snob. "Excuse me, Jiangjun Han Li." She hissed in indignation before taking her leave.

"Sure," Jiangjun Han Li replied at the retreating Lady Chao Biming. His eyes lasciviously followed her as she headed her exit to the tent's door. The chit was very beautiful yet fiery but he could easily handle the likes of her. 'Want to play fire, my lady? I will make you burn.'

=======================================================

Author's Note:

Hello, guys!

I am sorry for the delay in update. I have been busy due to training and this week, I will also have another one. As of the moment, I will be posting just half of Chapter 29 and next update will not be determined due to my busy schedule. Please do not forget to support my story by clicking the vote button or if you want to interact with me, you may comment and I will do my best to reply.

Thank you and I love you all!

-Midnight_Carousel