MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 18

Chapter Eighteen

"Good day, Jiangjun Han Li. I, your humble subordinate, ask for your permission to speak to you," a soldier announced when the jiangjun's serving boy led him inside a big tent set-up solely for the highest ranking official in the camp.

Even if there were no extravagant amenities inside, but if compared to the other tents in the camp where several soldiers slept like bundled twigs on a small box, it was by far the most comfortable. There were animal skins and silks decorating the floor, a low table, and a cabinet where the jiangjun's things were kept.

"Speak," Jiangjun Han Li motioned to the soldier.

Despite the simplicity of the tent as compared to the grand quarter, the jiangjun was accustomed to back at Lord Hsein's domain, he never failed to flaunt his position nor to hide how well endowed he was. He was wearing a fine bright orange silk woven with beautiful geometric patterns. His wonderful steel armor never failed to boast power with the heavy and detailed design indicating the Hsien symbol which is the Red Hawk.

"Thank you, my lord Jiangjun. I come to tell you that the hawk is back; it is carrying something on it's beak."

"Good, I'll go outside," the jiangjun said as he leisurely exhaled opium smoke from his mouth. The haze had filled the tent that it lent a grim flair. "Now, you can go."

"Yes, Jiangjun Han Li," the soldier bowed respectfully and bode his leave.

The jiangjun took one last, slow wisp from the opium before coming out of his tent.

When he was outside, he whistled with his fingers and, with the beckoning sound, the hawk swiftly landed on his outstretched forearm. The jiangjun smiled as he took the thing that the hawk carried on its beak. He slowly examined it and something came to his mind.

"Duizhu Gang Bingwen," he called the man standing at his right side.

Duizhu Gang Bingwen immediately came nearer to the jiangjun and bowed respectfully, "Yes, Jiangjun Han Li?"

"I want you to prepare all of our men. The enemies are not far from south of us. Wonderful, for I feel overly generous to surprise them." The jiangjun said sarcastically. A sinister smile tugged on his mouth.

"Yes, Jiangjun Han Li," Duizhu Gang Wen said and hastily announced to the men in the camp to assemble themselves.

"Ho!"

A small, wiry boy immediately came and bowed lowly to Jiangjun Han Li as if was a god. "Yes, my lord Jiangjun?"

"Prepare my armor and weapons. Be fast or I will cut your head off your body, do you understand?"

"Yes, Jiangjun Han Li," the boy's voice shook with fear and then he immediately scurried to the jiangjun's tent.

Jiangjun Han Li watched as his men prepared themselves for the surprise attack on the Imperial Majesty's army who were camping not far from where they were. His camp had remained undiscovered by the imperial army for multitude of thick and leafy trees had conveniently obscured it; even noises were shrouded which prevented the other camp from hearing their activities - stealthy, that would best describe his camp if it was a man.

His men had prepared the horses, cannons, different kind of weapons and ammunitions. Several of his men had started to assemble after arming themselves with weapons and armors. Some soldiers were assigned to remain in the camp to guard the their tents and reinforcements while they were away. None of the tents were kept for he was certain his force can easily crush the imperial army. He smiled cruelly when he felt a sudden rush of blood lust seized him.