MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 31

Chapter 31:

The angry growls of the cannons were heard as they were fired shook the earth. Bodies buoyed above from the impact only to fall down into unrecognizable pieces. The arrows shot to the sky, falling down like the meteor stars on a beautiful night but with a death wish to whoever they would fall upon.

Blood flowed like crimson rain sprinkled by the sky, pooling like a red stream, only to be soaked by the ravenous and monstrous earth. Metals clashing against each other, horses' stampeding on dead and living bodies. Cries of despair and anger were forced to do a duet – singing a terrible song of war and massacre.

"Do you think that you are good enough to fight me?" A man said in an ominously low voice, his eyes sparkled dangerously like rubies, reminding anyone of a furious and hungry Yaoguai. He lightly touched the tip of his sword on the neck of his opponent while exerting more pressure on his boot that was placed on the latter's chest. "How do you want me to kill you?"

"You are a bastard! Do you think you will win? Our Tongjun already escaped with the princess to Hsien capital, and Lord Hsien Mao Dong will wed her as soon as she arrive so you killing me is futile – you lose, we won." The fallen soldier laughed like a mad man despite the extreme fear that shook the very core of his heart.

The man ignored him and merely looked at him with bone-chilling coldness. "Do you want me to castrate you first before I proceed to cutting the other parts of your body?"

The fallen soldier convulsed with so much horror that his spit began to form a froth from his mouth. "Kill me right away, you bastard, cut my head!"

The man with the sword slowly shook his head and smirked, obviously enjoying the fear that emanated from the man who was entirely at his mercy. "I will do that if you beg me." He removed his boot from the man's chest as if to give him the opportunity to beg. "Go on, beg me, pathetic animal; I might pity you and give you a hasty death."

The man who was on his back immediately stood to spit on the man who held him down a while ago. "If you think that I will put myself down to you, despicable, imperial soldier, you are wrong!"

The man with the sword wiped the spit on his face with the back of his forearm. His face ghastly unreadable and a pulse angrily beat at the side of his temple. He clucked his tongue and then look at the man who had the audacity to spit at him. He swung his sword and severed the impudent man's knees.

"Aaahh!!! You are an animal!" The incapacitated man cried, tears rolled from his eyes while his body shook with terrible fright. Blood gushed violently and the veins hung like a messy spider web from his severed knees.

The man with the sword merely laughed sadistically before he slashed open the fallen man's trouser and cut the manhood.

"Animal! Animal!" The man shouted while groaning at the unspeakable pain.

"Don't you dare call me animal, you pathetic worm." The man with the sword muttered furiously. "My name is Jiangjun Chonglin Da!" He then kicked the man as if the latter was a mere pebble.

"Please kill me now!" The man beg with tears. Blood flowed from his body, his heart and resolve were both weakening. "Please, I beg you, kill me now."

"How late – you dumb animals prefer to be tortured first before you give in but I am feeling rather generous today so I will grant your wish." Jiangjun Chonglin Da carried the incapacitated man by the hair and sliced the head cleanly from the body with his sword. He carelessly threw the head to the ground and looked at his army who were currently in a hand-to-hand combat with the Hsien soldiers. 

He saw the Unit Commander clashing sword with the most capable man in the Hsien army. Looking at his superior's face, certain sadness mingled with sympathy evoked within him.