[EP 25] Who I really am

When Phuwin informed Pond that Dunk was awake the next day, Joong wasn't sure if he should visit. They hadn't talk to each other since that night. He had left without a word when he went to Souri café. Pond didn't give him time to think. The next thing he knew, he was at the infirmary. Phuwin had propped Dunk up in bed while Gemini fluffed the pillows. Dunk had laughed at the special treatment he received but he had thanked the both of them nonetheless. Pond had left Joong with Dunk while he and Fourth took the Phuwin and Gemini out for brunch. Joong looked at Dunk awkwardly. He didn't know what to say. Dunk didn't even know where to begin.

"Erm... are you feeling better?" Joong decided to start with a harmless question.

"Yea, I'm okay. I'm used to it." Joong didn't like the way Dunk phrased it. He didn't like the idea that Dunk was used to a dangerous job.

"Why..." Joong frowned as he didn't know how to phrase the question.

"Why didn't I tell you or why am I Kitsune?" Dunk knew him well. Joong couldn't help but say both.

"It's not something I'm proud of. It comes with the name. Just as you are a Chivaaree, you'll need to carry on the Chivaaree business. It's the same for me. As long as I carry the family name of Tangsakyuen. I will have to bear the weight of being a Kitsune." 

It's all in the family name. In every Tangsakyuen generation, one Kitsune will be chosen. It was Dunk's turn as he wanted to spare his brothers. Joong couldn't begin to understand how Dunk's family carried such a legacy. He saw the weight Dunk carried. He reached forward and gave him a hug. He stroked his hair as Dunk nuzzled into his chest, breathing in his scent. He missed him. He didn't want to but he does. Joong was about to kiss him when Boss walked in the room. It was a cold splash of water for Joong, he had forgotten that Dunk was no longer his. He had excused himself before Boss did.

"You're still not going to tell him the truth?" Boss looked towards Dunk.

"You know the life of a Kitsune. It's better this way." Boss thinks that Dunk is trying to persuade himself more than him.

"You know you are allowed to find love. Your brothers did. Why won't you allow yourself to have a piece of happiness?" Boss couldn't begin to understand Dunk's logic.

"Because it feels too good to be true. Like it doesn't belong to me, not with the blood on my hands." Dunk whispered. Boss sighed. He wished Joong would do something more for his relationship with Dunk but it's not his place to push for it.

***

Daou flinched as Joong pounded his fist into the guy. It was one of those days where Joong was venting out his anger. He had followed Joong long enough. It was usually when he didn't get what he wants that he'll take his frustration out. Joong took his gun out and shot the guy. He wiped his hands clean of his blood and told Daou and Offroad to clean things up. He was going out for lunch.

Joong had saw red when he saw Boss with another man as if they were lovers.

He couldn't believe he was two timing Dunk

He couldn't believe he was two timing Dunk. He had punched Boss before Boss even knew what happened.

"Why the hell did you hit my husband?!" Nouel shouted. Joong was confused. Boss laughed as he calmed Nouel down.

"Well, I guess I deserved that. But you are the one who keep jumping to conclusion! There's nothing between me and Dunk. We're childhood friends. This is my husband, Nouel." Joong looked at them in confusion until Boss showed him their wedding photo.

Joong cursed himself for not clarifying with Dunk

Joong cursed himself for not clarifying with Dunk. He had left them as he quickly rushed towards Souri café. There was nothing stopping him from being with Dunk anymore.

***

Dunk gathered his bag as he gave his brothers a warm hug.

"I'm leaving Souri to both of you. I'll be accompanying Bible and Build back to Japan. I need to report back to Mile sama and Apo sama." Phuwin and Gemini assured him that the café will be doing well while he is gone.

"Remember to rest while you are there. It's been ages since you took a break." Phuwin reminded him and he gave him a tight squeeze. Gemini mirrored Phuwin's move. Dunk nodded as he left with Bible and Build in Mile's private plane.

***

It was weird for Joong to find Phuwin and Gemini serving customers when he burst through the doors. Dunk was nowhere in sight.

"Where is Dunk?" He asked Phuwin as he grabbed his hand.

"He took a flight to Japan four hours ago." Joong had urged Phuwin to give him the details to find Dunk before booking the next flight over. 

Dunk belongs to him and he isn't going to let him go this time.        

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: Joong was just four hours late😅😅 M thinking that this series should be ending by this weekend. Probably sunday maybe? time flies🥹🥹

I have one of craziest idea after seeing Dunk's photo in traditional wear along with Pond's photo... I might attempt it after this series before going into PP centric with JD supporting. Definitely a short series... but it won't be everyone's cup of tea... you would need to like the idea of JD and PondDunk.. 🤣🤣 like literally you like JD and PondDunk pairing. If you like one or the other...🤔🤔 M not sure whether you would enjoy it. Maybe, maybe not... I dunno. how is that possible? you'll see if I can fully develop that idea and write a short series on it.. after this series ends. no more writing 2 series together.. 🤣🤣 the fastest would be writing it on Sunday. it's so crazy that I dunno whether it would work. 

Anyone interested in it?