Chapter:7

"WHAT!"-Shahneel practically shouted.
" Let's go find Shubi,first.I think we can fix this,Di."

"Mayank,Ishan is getting married in three days and that to your cousin too.Do you want to do something that might affect the wedding? " - Shahneel asked cautiously.

"Di,I can't live with knowing that I had a chance to fix this,and I choose to remain silent.Also do you think Ishan suddenly moved on?No Di,this marriage will just be mere compromise to them"- Mayank said with determination.

"I am feeling like,I am living in a Karan Johar movie.Unite two lost lover"-Shahneel said half smiled.
" Let's go find Shubman first."

They called Shubman and said they want to meet him and urged him to come home immediately.Shubman didn’t understand why they sounded so happy.This irritated him.

They three,Him,Shahneel and Mayank sat on the roof of the house.Is his Di grinning?

"Shubman,We both know that you love Ishan.But how much?"-asked Mayank.
" I love Ishan like I love holding a bat."-Answered Shubman after some thinking."I love Ishan like I love Mummy's Alo paratha".
"God!You are so bad at expressing Shubi!" -Shahneel facepalmed.
"What do guys want?Asking me question that would hurt me more"-Shubman said clearly irritated.
"We want you to confess to Ishan"-Shahneel and Mayank said in unison.
"No"-Shubmab said firmly.

"Look,Shubi,you look miserable and you would continue to look  miserable until you move on from Ishan.But it won't be anytime soon because you would have to see him in practice, match everytime.It will be better if you can get a closure,it will hurt less"-Mayank tried to convince Shubman.

"And lost whatever I left with Ishan?Ishan would avoid me Mayank,He won't even look at me then,he would feel disgusted.Oh GOD!He won't even share room anymore if he knows"-Shubman's face was becoming pale with horror.
" Such an overthinker you are!Would you do that if Ishan was the one who had feelings?"-Shahneel di asked.

"What?No!Never!" Shubman said without thinking twice.Then he added with head lowered," I wish it was like your question, Ishan was the one who had feelings for me"

"My my,Ishan's manifestation power!He told me this same line 6 months ago.Look at you,Exact same place as Ishan"- Mayank joked.
" What do you mean? "-Shubman asked Surprised.

Then Mayank starts.

Mayank's Story POV:
The revelation of Ishan's feeling towards Shubman was done in several steps.It started as a habit first,habit of being with Shubman always,then suddenly feeling possessive,jealous, urge to bring all the happiness to Shubman so he could see him smile.

Ishan hid it.Hid it really well for 1.5 years.He was in love with you for more than two years Shubman.Do you remember your first break-up 3 years ago?You were a mess?Always crying over her.You almost became lifeless.It was Ishan who took care of you like a baby.He would leave all his personal work,always be with you,always chat or call with you to make you busy.He didn’t even talk with any other girls or boys that time.If he had any appointment with any of us,his old friend, he would take Shubman too with him.So that Shubman won't get any alone time for over thinking."

Shubman and Ishan did everything like a couple.They would go to movie date,long drive,beach,sleep on each others shoulder, cuddle that It felt like a relationship to even watch.

Shubman moved on,but Ishan fall in love.He was too busy to cheer you up,to make you fall out of love,that he didn’t even realised he started falling for you hopelessly. When he realised,it was too late.There was no way of backing out then.Ishan doesn’t easily fall for anyone, But when Ishan does,it takes a toll on him to forget that person.

Shubman started looking for a fling, on the other hand Ishan strated taking mental preparation to confess him.Remember the ICT diwali party?We were all allowed to bring a plus one.Ishan wanted to confess Shubman at that party.But Shubman brought Naina there as his plus one.Although Shubman wasn’t dating then.Ishan felt a pang of betrayal in his heart.Shubman never shared anything about Naina to Ishan.Shubman was busy introducing his date to everyone and Ishan was consciously stayed on the opposite end of  the room from Shubman.I even joked him about it.That was incentives of me,But in my defense, I didn’t know then he was in love with Shubman.

I think Ishan asked Shubman later,Does he love Naina.Shubman said no and Ishan took that as a encouragement.It was the day,Ishan's first century in IPL, Ishan wanted to make it memorable.So Ishan went to confess to Shubman.And then before he could Shubman introduced Naina, not just as a date,as his girlfriend.

There was a one month break after IPL.But Ishan didn’t went home.He stayed in his Mumbai's house alone.He didn’t receive any call from his house.Raj bhaia told me to check on him as I was there in Mumbai for a shoot.I went to his house, rang several times,no answer.I don’t know why,my sixth sense was saying something is wrong.Ishan never stayed alone when he had a one month break.

I called the gateman for an extra key,as I frequently come to Ishan,he knew me.So he gave me one.When I entered,It didn’t look like a human habitats.There was bottles of alcohol scattered on the floor,and red wine spilled on carpet.
"But no,red wine is not that red.Is that blood?"Then I saw a hand.It was Ishan.Lying.His hand wrist was red with blood.I immediately called an ambulance.

When Ishan was conscious later,he told me everything, crying.And his last line was, I quote -
" I made my world so Shubman centric that now it feels impossible to live, to share him.I wish Shubman would feel the same I feel for him,Mayank"

-----------------------------
Shubman is crying now.Ishan had to go through all this for him?Yes he used Naina to be busy,But with Ishan he genuinely liked to do all that.

"Why didn’t you tell me, Mayank"-Shubman whispered, crying.
"Ishan made me promise not to.But since you also feel the same,I thought you should know you are not alone on the boat"
"What do you want to do now,Shubman?"-Shahneel di asked.

Shubman didnt answer, He went downstairs in a trance.He went to Ishan's room in a trance.When he saw Ishan,Mayank'ss description of suicide attempt replayed to his head.

He ran towards him and hugged him tightly,he almost lost this idiot.Then he slapped Ishan.
"How dare you,Ishan, How dare you"

Ishan is standing dumbstruck and Shubman is crying hysterically now.