Chapter 2

Two moons later

"Echokit! Hey Echokit!" I quickly lifted my head as my sight became clear once more. The memories of the flower scent and the happiness I had once seen in my dreams seemed like a distant memory. It seemed like I'd never get out of this horrid cave. In the time I had been spending in their cave with my mother I began to learn all about the warrior code and a warriors life. It was complicated, but it was a task I knew I could handle on my own. "Echokit! Echokit!" I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name called over and over. I shook my head at Dustpaw's muddy pelt, but his bright eyes could almost melt my heart, what ever that ment.

"Why are you covered in mud...?" I asked as curiosity pickled throughout my pelt. Dustpaw giggled and shook his mud covered fur.

"Wanna join me?" He asked like he was proud of himself, but once he saw that I shook my head his happiness level went from 10 to none. I tilt my head in confusion as he began to sigh.

"Now what's wrong?" I asked poking his belly, but he didn't respond, so I asked again. "Hey, Dustpaw, are you okay?" This time he responded, it seemed he was just lost in thought.

"O-oh, yeah, um sorry about that! I'm just, uh, I was just leaving. See you around Echokit!" Dustpaw meowed happily giving a bright smile as he ran off. He didn't seem so good, what was his problem?

~◇~

I padded over to Rainflower, but once I grew near I heard the voice of another. Was that, Wavestep? I started to listen in on their conversation.

"Do you think Echokits ready to leave the safety of the nursery for the first time?" I heard Wavestep ask Rainflower.

"I believe she's old enough, she also has a very strong willed heart. Her spirit will prove helpful in the life she will have as a warrior." Rainflower meowed in answer. My face lit up at her words, did this mean I was finally going to leave this horrible place for the first time in forever!? I almost screamed once I heard these words, but I wanted to keep quiet and listen to their conversation.

"Very well... I'll tell her, but I want to be able to keep a good eye on her." Wavestep meowed before padding off in my direction. Foxdung, I need to act like I'm playing or something! I quickly grabbed a piece of moss and started batting it around like I was actually enjoying it, though it was the most boring thing I had ever done in my life.

"Hello father." I meowed happily, for I knew what he was about to tell me.

"Echokit, me and your mother were talking, and we decided you can finally go outside." Wavestep meowed but was suprized to see me jumping up and down.

"I'm so excited!!" I yell rushing to the entrance, but once I poke my head out I see blinding light. I slowly slink back into the nursery. "Geeze it's so bright outside!" I hiss making a sad face as Wavestep walks up to me.

"Indeed, the sunlight is bright today." He meowed giggling to himself. I quickly try again, this time squinting my eyes, which seems to help tremendously. I let out a large smile once I begin to see large green trees, flowers at every corner, a large beautiful lake on my left. Silver fish jump to the surface, bees pollinate the flowers, and the birds sing their morning songs in the trees.

"It's just as I imagined it!" I meowed happily leaping onto a large tree's branch. My claws gently scrapping against its soft bark as I began to climb. I was going to become the best warrior possible and one day, I will achieve my goal and become the leader of RiverClan. I will save this land and all whom live here, that isn't just my dream, it's my reality.