Chapter 16

I slowly arose from my nest, Dustpaw was sleeping beside me in the medicine cat's den. His face looked troubled and worried, it made me feel uneasy.

"Hey Dustpaw, you okay?" I asked while gently placing my tail on his pelt.

"Hmm? Echopaw?" Dustpaw asked as he slowly arose, his head was covered in little spots of moss. I giggled which earned me some confused looked from Dustpaw.

"What's so funny?" He asked as I laughed, tears in my eyes.

"N-n-nothing!" I meowed, trying to force myself to calm down. I gently licked the moss pieces from his matted head. I had never shared tongues, but I guessed this was how if felt, kinda embarrassing.

"Hey Echopaw.. can I ask you something?" Dustpaw meowed as I finished cleaning him up. Oh great here it comes at least there wasn't a long delay for 'can I ask you something', what's he going to make me do? What if he asked me to eat mouse dung, oh no way am I ever doing that.

"What is it?" I asked, sighing my death wish. Dustpaw leaned forward, so his soft breath was in my ear.

"Will you-" He was suddenly interrupted by Rainflower, who just then entered the medicine den.

"Oh StarClan are you okay Echopaw? Did Lilacpetal treat you wounds okay? Are you hungry at all do you want something? I can go run and get Lilacpetal if you feel ba-"

"Mom!" I yelled as she suddenly stopped in her rambling. Oh great here comes Dustpaw #2, I'm going to die.

"S-sorry, I'm just so happy your okay!" Rainflower meowed as tears began to fill her eyes.

"Really I'm fine, nothing to worry about here." I meowed happily with a small smile. She seemed to understand I wanted 'alone time' and left the medicine den without another word.

I turned my head to Dustpaw, who seemed to be grasping what had just happened.

"You were saying?" I asked as it seemed to snap him out of his thoughts.

"O-ohhh. Yeah, sorry I was just remembering what happened yesterday... how you looked in so much pain." Dustpaw said as he expression grew sad.

"I'm not like that anymore, so don't worry about it!" I meowed trying to cheer him up. He let out alone weak smile and continued to speak him mind.

"Right so will you..."

(A/N Heehee I'm going to stop this here so you can be in suspense, even though I'm just about to write the next chapter. After this next chapter, it'll be the end of book 1 ^-^)