Chapter 14

I let out a small breath as the rain began to fall again. Even I didn't know I could do that...

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rainflower asked, her face showed she was hurt that I didn't tell her.

"Because I decided not to tell anyone. It was my choice." I meowed in response as I looked into Dustpaw's brown eyes.

"So are you going to go back, to your dream world?" Dustpaw asked me as his face became serious.

"No, I will stay here with you guys for the rest of my life on Earth. Once I die, I'll just go back to where I originally came from, just like you guys go to StarClan." I meowed as Puddleleg and Riversong looked at each other.

"I see..." Dustpaw meowed calmly looking into my ice cold eyes. "I can tell your hurt, your eyes are telling me your heart broken, your heart is screaming to let it all out, but you don't want that, do you?" Dustpaw meowed as if he could read my heart.

"I will not cry, no matter what is to happen. I shall not allow myself to become weak like so many others, I will not allow myself to show emotion for it is also a sign of weakness." I meowed as I told him the only beliefs I had left.

"That's not the Echopaw I know, and love." Dustpaw meowed sadly. I opened my eyes wide at his words. "Where's Echopaw?" Dustpaw asked me, but I didn't know how to answer him, I was here... wasn't I..? I slowly felt my legs grow heavy and I fell to the ground. Where was I?

~~~~~~~Inside Echopaw's heart~~~~~~~

"You are here, Echopaw." I heard a unknown voice echo through my head. Yes I am here. "You don't need anyone but yourself." I don't need anyone other than myself. "Kill all whom apose you." I will kill all, and anyone who stand in my way.

"Echopaw! Echopaw!?" I hear a voice call out to me in the darkness.

"D-Dustpaw?" I meowed as a light slowly fills the darkness. "I'm here Dustpaw!" I yell trying to stand, but the shadows grab hold of me, pulling me back.

"You shall not leave!" The voice hisses in the shadows, I tug at the darkness but I can't brake free! "Kill Dustpaw, kill him!" The voice said coldly, I shook my head desperately. "Kill him kill him, kill Dustpaw! The one you love." The voice meowed coldly once more.
~~~~~~~~~~

Dustpaw's POV

Echopaw screamed as she clawed at the ground, shadows enveloped her entire body as she seemed to be fighting it.

"Echopaw!" I yowled, but the shadows just slammed against me, knocking me over to the ground. "What's happening Ripplestar!?" I asked my father as I searched his eyes for an answer.

"I think that darkness has taken over her heart. Maybe, just maybe a Dark Forest cat somehow took over her body..."Ripplestar meowed. "It's happened before, but we ended up having to kill them... they tryed to kill a kit."

"We're not going to kill Echopaw!" I hiss looking at Echopaw, she screamed with agony, her face looked as if she was going through intense pain. "What do we do!? Please! Echopaw stop! Come back to me Echopaw!" I yelled, but it just made her scream harder, and the shadows just squeezed her body tighter. I almost couldn't watch this, it pained me to see Echopaw, the one I loved, in so much pain. "Echopaw!" I yelled to her one last time as the screams of pain echoed through the clearing, every warrior was watching for the side lines, wide eyed in horror. Echopaw slowly arose from where she lyed, her eyes weren't blue anymore, they were tinted black. As she slowly walked over to me, I backed away after each step. Her eyes suddenly began to cry tears of black, and he legs wobbled, it looked as if she was fighting what ever was inside of her. "Echopaw, fight it!" I screamed, she stopped moving and stared into my eyes and I stared into her's. Echopaw please come back to me, I don't want to be alone....

Warriors: A Lit Dream Sky 《Dream Series Book 1》जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें