Chapter 11

I felt myself grow hot, and thin suddenly cold. Why did I feel this way? As I slightly opened my eyelids, I saw a cat standing before me.

"Hello Echopaw, it's great to finally meet you." The cat meowed gently as a light was surrounding the area around the unknown figure's body. The light was so intense that I had to squint.

"I'm sorry, should I know you?" I asked as the light started to dim down.

"I wouldn't expect you to know me. This must be your first time talking to a StarClan warrior." The cat meowed, as I was finally able to fully open my eyes. Standing before me was a beautiful white she-cat, her eyes were an emerald green color, and she was groomed beautifully. "My name is Silverwillow, it is a pleasure to be in your presence." Silverwillow meowed gracefully dipping her head. I dipped my head back.

"The pleasure is all mine." I meowed back as we both smiled to each other.

"I'm sorry to have to bring you here, but there's no time to explain." Silverwillow meowed as her voice now rang with worry. "I have a prophecy, I would suggest telling this to Ripplestar and Lilacpetal as well." Silverwillow meowed clearing her throat. "Echos of the past now reflect off the wind, rain, sun, and clouds. It is up to the powers of one alone, to save the clans." Silverwillow meowed as her words began to trail off. Her body began to dissappear, but I was confused of what she had just told me.

"Wait don't go! Please, explain to me what that means!?" I meowed frantically looking for Silverwillow, but she was already gone. And now, I was alone, I began to walk through the darkness, until I came apon a border of light. What was this? Should I cross it? I took a small step over the light border, and all the darkness I saw, everything came swirling tward me. I screamed, running as the shadows were playing a game of tag with me. I ran as fast as I could, before falling into a small hole. I felt anothers pelt touching my own in the pitch black. I heard a soft laugh echo through the darkness. I know to voice... it was that cat, the one who haunted me! I yelped and closed my eyes, but once opened, instead of seeing darkness I saw the apprentices den. Dustpaw standing in front of me.

"You awake Echopaw?" He asked, looking at my face like a worried mother, again...

"Y-yeah, I'm awake." I meowed giving a weak smile. I stood, feeling how weak my legs now were. They began to trimble once I took a paw step. "Fox-dung...." I hissed under my breath.

"What's wrong?" Dustpaw asked once he noticed I wasn't moving.

"N-nothing." I meowed back as I forced myself to move but pain still bit at my legs. I bit back a cry of pain as Dustpaw and I walked out of the apprentice's den and into the sunlight? No, it wasn't warm, it wasn't cold either. Something felt, off.... "Dustpaw what's wrong with the sky?" I asked as I looked up to the dark cloud sky.

"Oh, have you ever seen rain before?" Dustpaw asked me as he looked up at the dark sky. I shook my head and took in a large breath of air. It smelled somewhat strange, kinda like a stream, but it was diffrent. It was hard to describe the smell... I padded over to Riversong, half limping. I tryed to hide how much pain it caused me to walk, I wanted to talk to Ripplestar about my dream. Silverwillow told me to talk to him and Lilacpetal about it.

"Riversong-" Riversong quickly covered my mouth with the tip of his tail. I stopped talking and looked at where his gaze was directed. There was a body of a cat lying in the middle of a large group of cats, Ripplestar was perched on his stone, and Rainflower was hanging her head over the body.

"Echopaw, you better go to your mother." Riversong meowed, greef was in his voice, what happened!? I slowly padded over to Rainflower, looking at the body I could see it was covered in blood, motionless. It was a grey cat, his scent smelled familiar... but where from... his face was so torn it was hard to tell... wait... was that! No! It was Wavestep! No, it couldn't be! I let out a wail of sorrow as I now realized my father was lying dead. I felt tears flow into my eyes as I walked closer to his cold body. I felt my legs finally give in as pain swelled into my chest. I tryed to hide how much it hurt, how the pain didn't only affect my heart, but as well as my head. I tryed to stand, holding my tears back, but I couldn't, I couldn't stand anymore. My legs wobbled, and I came crashing head first to the ground. I felt a small tear leave my eye, and I felt a pelt brush against mine.

"It's okay, you can cry." I heard Dustpaw's voice meow, but I didn't look up from the he ground I just stood in place, I had to be tough, I wouldn't allow myself to cry! I held back my tears as I rasped out a question.

"Who did this." My question echoed through the clearing as all eyes were dead on my pelt. My ears were back on my head, and my claws unsheathed. I felt my breath becoming hot, and I felt a growl emerge from my throat. Ripplestar lept from his stone and padded over to me.

"We don't know." I looked into his green eyes, his eyes were filled with sorrow, just as everyone else's, but mine mine were filled with rage. I was going to kill who ever did this. I will find them and KILL them! I let out a hiss of anger as tears once again threatened to over power me, but I wouldn't let that happend, no it wouldn't happen, ever. I will never allow myself to cry, no matter what. I felt my tears quickly retreat as these words echoed through my mind, those words would forever stay stuck in my mind.

You will never cry, no matter what.