Chapter 3

Where am I? I think to myself for all I see around me is darkness. I quickly called for Rainflower, but I got no response, not even a sound. All was silence. I began to panic once I noticed nothing was changing.

"Hello? Is anyone there!?" I started to call out desperately. My ears began to flatten on my head and I couldn't bring myself to blink.

"So your Echokit, the one who believes she can save RiverClan and ThunderClan. You shouldn't have come to Earth. You should have stayed in the comfortable dream world where you came from." I heard the cold voice and turned to see red piercing eyes in the darkness. The eyes made me feel cold as ice and it sent a shiver down my spine.

"W-who are you, and how do you know about me?" I ask as my I begin to back away from the cold red eyes. The voice began chuckle to himself as he saw me cowering in fear.

"Your a fool little kit. Why not join me in the Dark Forest? I'm sure you could help the clans, you can stop all the fighting, by helping me kill StarClan. I'm sure that's what everyone would want." The voice meowed as the red eyes began to move. A huge black cat apeared before me. His red eyes made him all the more intimidating, but what scared me the most was that his whole body was covered in scars. Not any ordinary scars, but ones so big that it looked like someone had bit a chunk of his flesh out.

"B-but Rainflower told me StarClan was the place where cats go when they die. Why would they want me to kill them? Isn't StarClan good?" I asked the tom, but he began to look aggravated like I had said something horrible.

"Your wrong! StarClan isn't good in any way! Only a fool like you wouldn't be able to see that!" The cat hissed unshething his large blood stained claws. I shook seeing that his teeth were red as well as his claws.

"I-if anyone's bad, it's you!" I meowed, trying to sound like I wasn't scared, but the fact was that I was more scared than I had ever been. The red-eyed cat started to laugh as the shadows began to engorge him.

"Oh Echokit, what a fool you are..." As the words trailed off the cat seemed to dissappear as well as the darkness. I felt proud of myself, I just hoped the choice I had made was the right one.