Chapter 15

~~~~~~~Inside Echopaw's heart~~~~~~~

"Echopaw come back to me!" I struggled at the shadow's grip as I heard Dustpaw's despite calls.

"Dustpaw! I cried out as tears fell down my face. "Help me!" I yelled kicking at the shadow's hold. I bite down on the shadow, and he let's out a yelp.

"Little cat, just be a good little kit and stay still." The shadows said, covering my mouth.

"Dumshpaf!" I tryed to call his name, but I was half muffled by the shadows. How could I stop him? I could barely move, let alone afflict damage... I tryed struggling once more, but all that seemed to be was a lost cause.

"Just give up cat, give in to the shadows. First you shall kill all whom you hold dear, and thin, you shall join the Dark Forest." The shadows spoke, tightening it's grip on my body. I felt pain begin to swell in my chest as I could barely breathe. Dustpaw where are you?!?
~~~~~~~~~~

Dustpaw's POV

Echopaw stood in place, her teeth clamped down and the black tears streamed down her face. The shadows seemed to squeeze her body harder and she let out a yowl of pain. I winced as her face became filled with pain.

"D-us..paw.. " I heard words tremble from Echopaw's mouth and I answered her.

"Echopaw! I'm here, don't worry I'm right here!" I slowly walked over to Echopaw's body, her bloody pelt, her black eyes, her pained face. It was all hard to take in, this was the one I loved, and she was in so such unbareable pain. As I inched closer, the shadows began to get more intense, and started to cut my face. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to save Echopaw, that was the only thing I wanted to do. Once I reached her body, I pressed my pelt against her's, placed my face against her's, and in twined my tail with her grey-white tail. Echopaw please come back, please...

~~~~~~~Inside Echopaw's heart~~~~~~~

I struggled as I heard Dustpaw's crys becoming more despite. I'm sorry Dustpaw! I'm so sorry, I don't ever want to hurt you! I felt the shadows get tighter as I could see Dustpaw walking toward me. Dustpaw? I watched him walk over to me, the shadows attacking, but he just pressed forward. He quickly approached me, causing the shadows around my body to dissappate.

"Echopaw, I love you." Dustpaw whispered into my ear as we both touched pelts, muzzles, and in twined our tails.

"I love you too Dustpaw." I meowed back, snuggling my face in closer to his, and he gently smiled. I heard the shadows scream and grab ahold of me. "Get out of my heart, I don't need you, the only ones I need are my friends, my family, and all I love." I meowed as the shadows began to fade away, leaving me and Dustpaw together.

"Shall we?" Dustpaw asked me, a smile on his face. I nodded as we both padded out toward the light.
~~~~~~~~

Once I woke up, I was back in camp, back with Dustpaw by my side. I was lying on the ground as Dustpaw was hunched over crying. I couldn't stand even if I wanted to, I felt so weak.

"D-Dustpaw?" I managed to rasp out as Rainflower and Ripplestar moved near.

"Echopaw, are you okay?" Dustpaw asked as he leaned closer. I weakly nodded as our eyes locked and we both gently smiled.

"Echopaw, I'd like you to rest in Lilacpetal's den for the night. I want Dustpaw to get his wounds cleaned and wrapped up." Ripplestar meowed as Dustpaw and I both nodded our heads. I was glad that Dustpaw saved me, even after I told him the truth. I was glad he was here with me, I really was.