Chapter 4

Three and a half moons later

It had been forever since I had gone outside. It felt as if someone was draining my energy ever since I had that terrible dream. Rainflower and Wavestep had been worried about me because I haven't smiled for about five moons. I feel like I haven't had enough energy to do anything, it's like I'm in a depressed state.

"Hey, Echokit, your almost six moons old..." I stopped thinking as Dustpaw walked up to me, he was as energetic as ever, but I think he noticed my lack. "Are you okay? You look so tiered..." He meowed like he was a worried mother.

"I-I'm fine..." I managed to say, but at the end of my sentence, I couldn't help but gasp for breath.

"Are you sure your okay?" Dustpaw asked, even more worried than he had been before, great... I quickly nod to his question, but it was a very weak nod which made him seem on edge. "Can we please go see Lilacpetal? Not that I'm worried something's wrong with you, or anything..." Dustpaw meowed looking away from my blue peirceing gaze.

"As you wish." I meow and Dustpaw's face became bright once more as he hopped to the medicine cat's den. I slowly fallowed behind him, out of breath from the effort. It's so close by, but, I felt like I wasn't going to make it... "H-hey, Dustpaw, can you... slow down?" I meowed out of breath. Dustpaw looks over his sholder and sees how utterly exhausted I was and rushed over to my side.

"Here lean on me, I'll help you get there." Dustpaw meowed gently. I smiled at him for the help and leaned onto his side. His pelt was so soft and warm. It was so comforting...

"T-thanks.." I meowed finally able to breathe as we reached the medicine cat's den.

"Of course, that's what friends are for, right?" Dustpaw meowed innocently looking at his paws.

"You want to come with me, don't you..?" I ask and he quickly replys as fast as I ask.

"Yeah.... can I?"

"Yeah... sure..." I meow slowly limping to Lilacpetal's herb scented den.

"Lilacpetal!?!" Dustpaw yells into the den and I quickly wack him in the face with my tail.

"Shhhhhhhhh!"

"Sorry..." He meows sadly looking back down at the ground. I can't help but sigh, he was so easy to control, but he gets way to depressed when I scold him... I turn my attention back to Lilacpetal's den, scanning the area with my eyes and sniffing for any recent scent form her. I slowly enter her den, noticing she was sleeping in the corner of her den, even though it was the middle of the day...? "What a lazy bum-" I quickly hiss at him thrashing my tail at his harsh words.

"Your so quick to judge Dustpaw.." I turn to see Lilacpetal with one of her eyes open half way.

"S-sorry..." Dustpaw meows back dipping his head low to the ground. I sigh and look back to Lilacpetal.

"What's up?" She asks looking at me and thin at Dustpaw.

"It's just, Echokits seemed really drained of energy for quite a while... I seriously haven't seen her smile in five moons, nor outside of the nursery..." Dustpaw meowed, obviously too concerned about my well being.

"Echokit, what's wrong?" Lilacpetal asked me getting up from her nest to look at me.

"I don't know, I just came here because Dustpaw was clearly over worried about me..." I meowed in answer making Dustpaw look away from us. "I've just been  really, tiered-"

"For the past five moons?" Lilacpetal quickly meowed hardening her gaze. "Are you sure you don't know the reason?" I shake my head, remembering the conversation I had in my dream about joining that cat so we could kill StarClan, and that I declined his offer, was that why I was so energy drained?

"I'm fine, I just need some rest." I meow quietly as Lilacpetal looks over me, clearly worried about me, just as Dustpaw.

"I want to examine you before Ripplestar even thinks about making you an apprentice." Lilacpetal meows walking into a diffrent room, the sounds of her rummaging through herbs could be heard from a mile away.

"She's so loud." Dustpaw whispered behind me. I quickly kicked him, sitting down to store the energy I had left.

"Your the one who's loud..." I meow back and Dustpaw clearly begins sulking.