Chapter 8

《One Moon Later》

It had been a moon since I began to secretly train with Dustpaw at night. He taught me some special moves, and told me about ThunderClan. He told me how they normally ate only mice, instead of fish. I thought the idea was discussing, and repulsive. Not only did I learn new battle moves, Riversong also taught me how to hunt mice, fish, and birds. It was all tricky at first, but I quickly caught along. As the time grew near for the next gathering, my exitement grew more and more every day.

"Guess what day it is!" Dustpaw meowed happily as we took a small walk through the forest.

"I'm not sure, your a crazy mousebrained fool day? Oh, wait, that's every day..." I meowed letting out a mrrow of laughter.

"Hey! That's so colldddd!" Dustpaw meowed sadly, giving another 'my life is horrible' face. He would do those every time I said something that was clearly funny. As we padded through the forest, we came close to the WindClan's old border, which was now part of our territory, not that we ever used it... "Wanna go explore?" Dustpaw meowed as he began thinking stupidly again.

"No, are you stupid!? We would get in soooo much trouble!" I meowed as I though of what Wavestep would do if he found out I went into WindClan's territory without telling Ripplestar, and, that I went with Dustpaw! Even Wavestep knows how stupid he can be sometimes. I think even Ripplestar himself knows how stupid his son can be, which is kinda sad...

"Echopaw, we wouldn't get into trouble, if no one catches us." Dustpaw meowed happily as he let out a large grin. I shook my head as I turned my back to the border. Dustpaw fallowed quickly behind me as I walked away. "Come on Echopaw! Pleaseeee!?" Dustpaw begged as I continued to walk away.

"No."

"Pleaseee!?"

"No."

"Your no fun!"

"No."

"Really I didn't even ask that time.." Dustpaw meowed as he lowered his head in defeat. I let out a sigh as we padded back to camp, passing the two-leg's place on the way. I crinkled my nose as the scent of feces and a mixture of a diffrent animal hung in the air.

"Ugh, that's nasty!" I hissed as I started to quicken my pace. Dustpaw laughed behind me as we reached the stream that blocked us from RiverClan camp and basically the other side of our territory. I carefully placed my paw onto one of the stones, one after another, but Dustpaw just swam quickly across, like some big show off. "Show off." I meowed leaping across.

"Eh, what can I say, it comes to the best of us." Dustpaw remarked as we both padded back to camp.

~◇~

Once we got into camp, Ripplestar was gathering the whole clan for a clan meeting. Looks like we got here just in time!

"He's probably going to anounce who's coming to the gathering! " Dustpaw meowed as he hopped up and down. He's like a kid sometimes, really!

"Why didn't you tell me today's the gathering?" I asked Dustpaw, but he hushed me with his tail as Ripplestar began to speak.

"For the gathering I'd like; Ottershade, Lilacpetal, Riversong, Puddleleg, Wavestep, Ashfoot, Dustpaw, Echopaw, and Rainflower." Ripplestar meowed as we all gathered into a line. I had no clue what to do, so I just fallowed Dustpaw. Ripplestar padded to the front and led us to the island. I watched as ThunderClan passed us and was already heading onto the island. The last ThunderClan warrior lept onto the log, and Ripplestar fallowed behind. I was so exited I could barely stay still! My fist gathering, and there were many more to come!