2.18 - Poisoned

The heartbreaking pain in his cheek made the killer want to cry out, but when he pulled at the wound, the pain became even more severe. He trembled his lips and squeezed out a voice from his throat: "I don't know anything... kill me..."

  Cheng Kaixin pulled away the dagger, wiped it on his collar, and said leisurely: "Sometimes, death is not so easy."

  The fear in the killer's eyes instantly magnified, and with a hint of relief, his pupils reflected an arrow shooting toward his chest.

  Cheng Kaixin laughed, and with a slight tug, the killer screamed in pain, and the arrow penetrated his shoulder!

  The killer leader who was still hiding in the dark shot several arrows in a row, but Cheng Kaixin pulled him away from the fatal spot. The pain made his whole body twitch, and he felt worse than death.

  He said loudly with cold sweat on his head: "I say! I say! It's His Royal Highness the Crown Prince——"

  Before he finished speaking, his pupils suddenly dilated and his face was covered with a layer of grayness.

  Yin Xuli was shocked, "The arrow is poisonous!"

  He couldn't bear it any longer, walked over quickly, and asked urgently: "How do you feel?"

  Cheng Kaixin pointed at his acupuncture point, but suddenly spit out a mouthful of blood, his lips were stained with bright red, and his eyes began to wander.

  "Is there any antidote?" Yin Xuli shook his fingers and touched his arms.

  At this moment, an arrow struck again, hitting Yin Xuli's back! Cheng Kaixin used his last bit of strength to knock away the arrow and could no longer stand. Before falling to the ground, he pinched Yin Xuli's fingers.

  "Cheng Kaixin!" Yin Xuli caught his fallen body, his eyes about to burst.

  He glanced back at the direction where the cold arrow had come from, and the look in the eyes of the killer leader was obvious, full of fear and panic.

  He was left alone, just like a fat sheep waiting to be slaughtered, with no power to fight back! The killer leader was overjoyed and shot another arrow. Unexpectedly, Yin Xuli had quick eyes and quick hands, and quickly lifted the corpse on the ground in front of him.

  The killer leader put down the bow and arrow in his hand and frowned. He was cautious and thought that the Sixth Prince was nothing to worry about, but he was worried that Cheng Kaixin had deep internal strength and had not yet developed the poison. After waiting for a moment and seeing no movement there, he drew out the sword from his waist and slowly approached.

  When they were not far away, they heard Yin Xuli's trembling voice, obviously frightened, "Hero, spare your life! Who invited you here? I'll pay double the money! Please show mercy, hero!" He fell to the ground, his legs trembling. He wanted to retreat away from the sword, but he tripped over Cheng Kaixin's body.

  The killer leader smiled contemptuously, "Just keep the prince's money underground and enjoy it. I'm offended!"

  He used his sword to push aside the killer's body blocking the way, then raised his sword and stabbed!

  Cheng Kaixin suddenly opened his eyes.

  The killer leader felt a chill in his chest before he could feel any surprise.

  He lowered his head slowly, and it took a few seconds for blood to appear on his chest, and he was actually stabbed through the heart by a dagger.