VIII

With the first light of dawn gently illuminating her room, Y/n stirred from her slumber, inspired by a newfound determination. The idea of expressing gratitude to Rin for his consistent presence lingered in her thoughts. As she tiptoed into the kitchen, she decided to channel her appreciation into a gesture: a carefully prepared bento box.

The kitchen buzzed with activity as Y/n assembled an array of delicious treats, each ingredient chosen with care. Slicing vegetables, arranging sushi rolls, and adding a touch of homemade sweetness.

The sun, now fully risen, witnessed Y/n crafting not just a bento box but a tangible token of appreciation.

As Y/n entered the school grounds, the carefully crafted bento box held in her hands, a hush fell over the surroundings. Students exchanged puzzled glances as they watched her approach Rin, who was seemingly caught off guard by the unexpected gesture.

In the midst of the curious onlookers, Y/n extended the bento box to Rin, her expression a mix of sincerity and a hint of bashfulness. "I made this for you," she explained, the words resonating in the sudden quiet that enveloped the scene.

As Y/n handed the bento box to Rin, a subtle transformation swept across his typically reserved demeanor. Unaccustomed to such gestures, his stoic expression softened, and a faint blush graced his cheeks, adding a hint of unexpected warmth to his features.

Caught off guard by the sincerity of the gesture, Rin accepted the bento box with a quiet "thank you."

After presenting the bento box to Rin amidst the intrigued onlookers, Y/n made her way to her seat. Sitting next to Kumi, her best friend couldn't help but be intrigued by the unusual occurrence.

Kumi leaned in with a mischievous grin and raised an eyebrow. "What was that all about?" she asked, her eyes glinting with curiosity.

Y/n, still processing the attention her gesture had garnered, chuckled softly. "Just a thank you for something," she replied, not divulging all the details but sharing a secret smile with Kumi that hinted at the underlying significance of the gesture.

As the teacher began the lesson, Rin tried to focus on the material at hand, but his thoughts kept drifting back to the morning's unexpected gesture from Y/n. The image of her presenting the bento box lingered in his mind, and a subtle warmth persisted in his cheeks.

In the midst of equations and lectures, Rin found himself unintentionally stealing glances toward Y/n, who was engrossed in her notes. The realization of his growing admiration for her, sparked by the thoughtful gesture, played like a quiet melody in the background of his thoughts.

Throughout the class, Rin couldn't shake the gentle flutter in his chest.

The more he tried to dismiss it, the more evident it became—Y/n's genuine gesture had left an indelible mark, deepening the roots of a small crush that seemed to blossom amidst the ordinary rhythm of the school day.

As the lunch break neared, Y/n and Kumi decided to stay in the classroom, the latter needing to catch up on notes after skipping classes the day before. Y/n, with the bento box now returned to her possession, focused on assisting Kumi with the missed content.

Meanwhile, Rin, feeling a mix of curiosity and gratitude for the homemade meal, decided to take the bento box with him to the cafeteria. However, as he headed towards the lunch area, Bachira, one of his teammates, intercepted him with a playful smirk.

"Ah, look who's got a special lunch today!" Bachira teased, spotting the bento box in Rin's hands.

Rin, opting for a spot with his friends in the cafeteria, settled down at a table accompanied by familiar faces from the soccer team. As he unwrapped the bento box, the enticing aroma of homemade food filled the air.