XXXI

Their relationship continued to flourish, with Rin and Y/n finding joy in the simple moments they shared.

After Y/n's volleyball practices, Rin would often show up, offering a comforting presence and a welcome distraction from the intensity of her training.

Similarly, Y/n made it a point to be there for Rin after his rigorous soccer sessions, providing a listening ear and a source of encouragement.

As they spent more time together, their connection deepened, and the support they offered each other became an integral part of their daily lives. Whether it was sharing victories, comforting each other through challenges, or simply enjoying each other's company, Rin and Y/n were building a relationship that went beyond the surface—a bond rooted in understanding, trust, and genuine care for one another.

As Y/n entered her classroom, a subtle discomfort lingered, and her usual cheerful demeanor was replaced by a grumpy attitude. The challenges that came with her period had settled in, casting a shadow on an otherwise ordinary day. The familiar routine of classes and interactions with her classmates felt like a bit more of a struggle.

Despite the discomfort, Y/n tried to navigate through the day, attempting to maintain a sense of normalcy. However, the occasional cramps and fatigue tested her usual resilience.

Approaching her seat next to Rin's, Y/n could feel the familiar discomfort intensifying, making her more sensitive than usual.

As Rin attempted to greet her with a friendly hug, Y/n, overwhelmed by the discomfort of her period, unintentionally reacted by gently shoving him away.

It wasn't a rejection of his affection but rather a reflex to the heightened sensitivity she was experiencing. The sudden gesture surprised both Y/n and Rin, creating a moment of awkwardness between them.  

Rin, concerned by Y/n's unusual reaction, asked her what was wrong.

However, Y/n, feeling irritable due to her period, decided not to delve into the details and simply replied, "I don't want to talk about it right now." The tension lingered for a moment, leaving both of them in an awkward silence.

As the day progressed, Y/n's mood didn't seem to improve, and Rin couldn't shake off the feeling of unease.

Sensing something was off, Kumi, who was observant and caring, approached Y/n during a break and asked, "Hey, what's going on? You seem a bit off today."

Y/n sighed, feeling a bit hesitant to share her discomfort but knowing Kumi would understand. "Well, it's that time of the month, Kumi. I'm on my period, and I'm just not feeling my best today."

Kumi nodded understandingly, having experienced similar situations herself. "Ah, got it. Period struggles, huh? Do you need anything? Painkillers, chocolate, a ranting buddy?"

Y/n chuckled, appreciating Kumi's supportive attitude. "Thanks, Kumi. I think I just need a bit of time to myself. It's nothing major, just the usual cramps and mood swings."

Kumi grinned. "Got it. Take your time, and if you need anything, you know where to find me. And don't worry, I won't spill the beans to Rin unless you want me to."

Y/n smiled back, grateful for Kumi's understanding. "Thanks, Kumi. I appreciate it. I just hope Rin doesn't take it personally. I didn't mean to be so distant today."

Rin noticed that something was indeed bothering Y/n, and with genuine concern, he approached Kumi during a break, asking, "Hey, is everything okay with Y/n? She seems a bit off today."

Kumi, always ready to help her friends, decided to clue Rin in on the situation. "Oh, Y/n? She's just dealing with her period today. You know how it is. Cramps, mood swings, the whole package."