XIX

As lunch break arrived, Y/n packed up her belongings with a heavy heart.

Her plan was to wait for Rin and share their usual lunchtime together, but the lingering discomfort from the morning made her hesitant.

Glancing over to where Rin and Aoi were engaged in conversation, she couldn't ignore the obvious distance between them.

Feeling a sense of loneliness, Y/n decided to give Rin some space, recognizing that he seemed preoccupied with Aoi.

As she left the classroom, a mix of emotions swirled within her.

Rin, after concluding his conversation with Aoi, shifted his gaze to his right, expecting to find Y/n patiently waiting for him as she usually did. To his surprise, the spot beside him was empty.

A flicker of confusion crossed his features as he scanned the room, but Y/n was nowhere to be seen.

Unsure of what had transpired, Rin's stoic expression masked the underlying concern he felt. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss, and a subtle worry began to seep into his thoughts.

As Y/n made her way alone to the cafeteria, Kumi's absence due to family issues left her feeling a bit lonely. In the quiet hallway, a presence lingered behind her, causing Y/n to glance over her shoulder.

To her surprise, it was Osamu, her ex-boyfriend, standing there with an uncertain expression on his face.

Osamu, noticing Y/n's downcast demeanor, approached her with genuine concern. He asked if everything was okay and gently stroked her hair, a gesture that once held a different meaning for them.

Y/n hesitated for a moment, feeling a mixture of emotions.

Feeling a surge of frustration and emotions, Y/n unexpectedly wrapped her arms around Osamu, seeking comfort in the familiarity of his presence.

Osamu, surprised by the sudden embrace, gently asked, "Hey, what's wrong? You can talk to me." As he stroked her back

Y/n, feeling the need to share her feelings in a quieter space, suggested, "Can we talk somewhere a bit more private? Maybe the school garden?".

Osamu nodded understandingly and led the way to the serene school garden.

Seated on a bench beneath the comforting shade of a tree in the school garden, Osamu looked at Y/n with concern and asked, "What's been bothering you? You seem really down."

Y/n took a deep breath before confessing, "It's just that... ever since Aoi entered our class, Rin seems so engrossed in talking to her. I feel like he's ignoring me, and it makes me feel insecure."

Osamu, with a gentle smile, encouraged Y/n, "You need to throw away those insecurities. Seriously, you're the prettiest girl in the whole world. Don't let someone else make you doubt that."

Y/n, with a gentle smile, responded, "You still think that, huh? Thanks, Osamu. Your words mean a lot to me."

Osamu smiled warmly and said, "Yeah, I still do. You deserve to feel confident and happy, Y/n. Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself."

Y/n suddenly lay on Osamu's shoulder as Osamu gently pulls her closer by the waist, Osamu with a soft smile asked, "If being together again could help, I'm here for you."

Y/n laughed softly, "Osamu, let's just stick to being friends. I appreciate your support, but I think it's for the best."