XXXII

Rin tiptoed out of Y/n's room, careful not to disturb her peaceful sleep. The soft glow of the moon illuminated his path as he made his way to the kitchen.

Rin was thirsty, perhaps a bit dehydrated from the day's events. He silently filled a cup with cool water from the kitchen sink, relishing in the refreshing sensation.

Rin's eyes widened in surprise as he saw a figure entering the room. The soft glow from the hallway barely illuminated the mysterious silhouette, leaving Rin on high alert. His protective instincts kicked in, and he took a step forward, ready to confront whoever had entered Y/n's home uninvited.

As the figure stepped further into the room, the features became clearer. It wasn't a stranger but Y/n's older brother, who had returned home late from work. Relief washed over Rin, realizing there was no threat. Y/n's brother noticed Rin standing there, holding a cup of water, and offered a friendly smile.

"Hey, Rin, right?" he said, recognizing Y/n's friend. "Sorry if I startled you. Just got back. How's everything?"

Rin, still a bit tense from the initial shock, managed a nod. "No problem. Y/n's resting. She wasn't feeling well, so I stayed with her for a bit."

Y/n's brother appreciated Rin's concern and thanked him for looking out for his sister. With a friendly pat on the shoulder, he reassured Rin that he would take over from here, ensuring Y/n was in good hands.

Y/n's brother extended his hand towards Rin, introducing himself with a warm smile. "I'm Hiori," he said, shaking Rin's hand firmly. "Thanks for taking care of Y/n. She talks about you quite a lot. I'm glad she has someone reliable around."

Rin returned the handshake with a nod of appreciation. "No problem, Hiori. Just making sure she's okay. If you need anything or if she needs anything later, just let me know."

Hiori chuckled. "Will do. Thanks again, Rin. Feel free to make yourself at home. I'll take it from here."

With that, Rin bid them both goodnight once more and left the room, allowing Y/n's brother to attend to his sister.

Hiori emerged from Y/n's room, concern etched on his face. "Rin, Y/n mentioned she's feeling hungry. How about we whip up something in the kitchen for her? I'm sure she'd appreciate a warm meal."

Rin nodded in agreement, appreciating Hiori's proactive approach. "Sounds like a plan. What does she usually like to eat?"

Hiori thought for a moment before responding, "She loves pasta. Maybe we can prepare a simple pasta dish for her. What do you think?"

Rin agreed, and together they headed to the kitchen, ready to prepare a comforting meal for Y/n.

While preparing the pasta, Hiori turned to Rin with a serious expression. "Rin, I've known my sister for a long time, and she's quite sensitive, especially emotionally. I can see that you care about her, but please, don't break her heart. She's been through a lot, and I want to see her happy."

Rin looked at Hiori with sincerity in his eyes. "I understand, Hiori. I genuinely care about Y/n, and I would never do anything to hurt her. She means a lot to me, and I want to make her happy."

Hiori nodded, seemingly reassured by Rin's words. "Good. She deserves someone who will cherish and support her. Just remember that actions speak louder than words."

Rin acknowledged Hiori's advice, and they continued cooking together, bonding over their shared concern for Y/n's well-being.

Hiori called out to Y/n, and she emerged from her room, looking visibly better after the rest. "Hey, you're awake," Hiori greeted her, a warm smile on his face.

"Yeah, thanks to you two," Y/n replied, her eyes shifting to Rin with a grateful expression. "What did you guys make?"

Rin gestured toward the table. "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. We thought it might be something light for you to eat."

Y/n's eyes lit up. "That's my favorite! Thank you both so much." She took a seat, and the three of them shared the meal Rin and Hiori had prepared. The atmosphere was warm and comfortable, and Y/n couldn't help but appreciate the effort they put into taking care of her.

As they finished their meal, Y/n looked at Rin and Hiori with a genuine smile. "Thank you both for being here. It means a lot to me."

Hiori nodded, while Rin smiled back. "Of course, Y/n. We're here for you."

While Rin was diligently washing the dishes, Y/n couldn't resist expressing her gratitude.

She approached him from behind, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Rin," Y/n whispered, her voice filled with sincerity. "The pasta was delicious, and I appreciate everything you've done today."

Rin paused for a moment, setting aside a plate to turn around and face her. His hands found their way to her waist, and he looked into her eyes with a warm smile. "It was my pleasure. I'll always be here for you, especially on tough days like this."

Their eyes met, and a silent understanding passed between them.

In that tender moment, Rin gently cupped Y/n's face, and they shared a sweet and romantic kiss.

The warmth of their connection lingered in the air as they pulled away, foreheads resting against each other.

Rin's thumb brushed over Y/n's cheek, and he smiled. "I'm glad I could be here for you today."

Y/n held onto Rin in a tight embrace, feeling a sense of comfort and security in his arms.

She looked up at him with a warm smile and whispered, "Stay for the night, Rin. I don't want you to leave."

Rin's eyes softened as he nodded, appreciating the invitation. "Alright, I'll stay," he replied, his voice gentle.

They moved to the living room, where they settled in for the night, finding solace in each other's presence. The room was filled with a serene atmosphere, creating a haven for two hearts intertwined in a blossoming love story.