XXIV

As Nagi was scrolling through the hall, he couldn't ignore the malicious conversation he overheard in the school corridors.

A group of girls was scheming to spread more rumors about Y/n, aiming to damage her reputation.

Nagi, disapproving of such behavior, discreetly took out his phone and started recording their conversation as evidence.

He realized the importance of having proof to confront the rumor-mongers and protect Y/n's reputation.

Nagi was determined to help his friend and ensure that justice prevailed.  

As Nagi continued to record the conversation, he recognized one of the voices as Aoi's, adding another layer of complexity to the situation.

The fact that Aoi, who seemed to have a personal interest in Rin, was involved in spreading rumors about Y/n raised questions about her motives.

Nagi felt a mix of disappointment and concern, wondering why Aoi would participate in such behavior.

He knew that the truth needed to come to light, and he was now armed with evidence to confront the individuals involved in tarnishing Y/n's reputation.

Nagi, determined to expose the truth and clear Y/n's name, quickly sought out Rin after recording the conversation. He found Rin near the soccer field, engaged in a conversation with some teammates.

Nagi approached Rin, a serious expression on his face. "Rin, we need to talk," Nagi said, urging him to step aside for a moment.

Rin, sensing the urgency, followed Nagi to a quieter area.

Once they were away from prying ears, Nagi took out his phone and showed Rin the video.

"Look at this. It's Aoi and her friends talking about spreading rumors about Y/n. They're trying to ruin her reputation," Nagi explained, his voice filled with a mix of frustration and determination.

Rin, fueled by anger and a desire to protect Y/n's reputation, stormed into their classroom with Nagi trailing behind him.

The atmosphere in the room shifted as everyone noticed Rin's intense expression.

Aoi, unaware of what was about to unfold, was chatting with her friends when Rin approached her with Nagi at his side.

Rin held up Nagi's phone, displaying the incriminating video for everyone to see.

"What's the meaning of this, Aoi?" Rin demanded, his voice cutting through the background noise. The room fell silent as the attention shifted to the unfolding confrontation.

Aoi, caught off guard, stammered as she attempted to come up with an explanation.

Nagi stepped forward, a determined look on his face, as he spoke with a firm voice, "You shouldn't have messed with Y/n. You've underestimated the storm you've stirred, Aoi."

Rin, still seething with anger, nodded in agreement with Nagi's words. The atmosphere in the room grew more charged, and even some of Aoi's friends were starting to feel uneasy about the situation.

Aoi, feeling the weight of the confrontation, stammered in an attempt to defend herself. "I-I didn't mean to..."

Rin, cutting her off, demanded, "Explain yourself. Why spread rumors about Y/n? What did she ever do to you?"

Aoi, feeling the pressure and realizing there was no way out, finally confessed, "I... I like you, Rin. I didn't want you to date Y/n because I thought she was taking you away from me. I thought I deserved you more than her."

Rin's anger intensified, and his eyes narrowed at Aoi.

"So, all these rumors and attempts to ruin Y/n's reputation were because of your selfish feelings? You should know better, Aoi. I made it clear that we'll never date, and that's not going to change."

Nagi, standing beside Rin, shook his head disapprovingly. "This is not the way to express your feelings, Aoi. You can't control someone's heart, and spreading lies won't make anyone like you more."

Aoi, now with remorse in her eyes, realized the consequences of her actions. The classroom was silent as the truth came to light, and Rin, feeling a mix of anger and disappointment, left the room, leaving Aoi to reflect on her misguided attempts to win his affection.

Rin walked through the school, his frustration still lingering from the confrontation with Aoi.

He headed towards the school garden, where he knew he would find Y/n. As he approached, he saw Y/n engrossed in a conversation with Osamu.

Trying to control his emotions, Rin interrupted, "Y/n, can we talk?"

Y/n, sensing the seriousness in Rin's voice, excused herself from Osamu and followed Rin to a quieter corner of the garden.

Osamu, respecting the situation, gave them some space and continued on his way.

Rin took a deep breath before speaking, "I need to apologize, Y/n. I let those rumors get to me, and I shouldn't have doubted you."

Y/n looked at him with a mix of understanding and concern. "Rin, it's okay. I know it's been tough for both of us lately. We need to communicate better."

Rin nodded, acknowledging her words. "Aoi confessed that she likes me, and she was behind those rumors. I confronted her, and I just wanted you to know the truth."

Y/n sighed, "I appreciate your honesty, Rin. It's unfortunate that she resorted to such actions. But we can't let this affect us."

Rin agreed, "You're right. I care about our friendship, Y/n. I don't want anything to jeopardize it."

Y/n smiled, "Me neither, Rin. Let's move past this and focus on what's important."