interlude.

"Farleigh Start knew that no matter how hard he worked, he would always have to work ten times harder than the likes of his cousin Felix Catton.

His own family's wealth would never be able to shield him from the cold reality that came with one thing he had zero control over - his race.

Being biracial meant compartmentalizing facets of himself - not quite black, definitely not fully white.

In a world ruled by white supremacy, he hated feeling like the honorary token of the estate.

Olivia Weston was the epitome of the beauty standard - tall, white, skinny and conventionally attractive.

She had been a longtime childhood friend of Felix Catton, hazy summers at Saltburn were her very own idea of field trips in middle school.

Everything was handed to her on a silver platter with a cigarette and a complimentary glass of the finest of red wine.

Summer break brings Farleigh, Felix and Olivia together, along with a new face - Oliver Quick.

Olivia Weston would be in for a rude awakening about her very own privilege when she becomes entangled in the world of Farleigh Start, all of us were."

- Oliver Quick

***

This book contains depictions of racism, colorism, recreational drug use, strong language and sexual content. Read with caution.