6.

"You want me to be your date?"

OLIVIA HAD TO slightly tilt her head  upwards due to Farleigh being 6ft5, as if craning to hug Felix Catton the Friendly Giant wasn't enough already.

"Yeah, Felix and his parents are having a  benefit gala that starts at 8. I don't wanna go alone and third wheel him and Oliver so...."

Farleigh seemed unusually shy under her gaze, anxiously fidgeting with the beaded bracelets on his left wrist.

"Well, it's not like I have any shit to do for the rest of the day so why not? What's the dress code?

You know how Lady Elspeth is if someone forgets,"

Olivia joked, her black tank top riding up her taut stomach as she stretched, his brown eyes flickering to drink in the slither of tan skin.

"Uh yeah, it's all white, Liv."

"Cool."

"Be ready by 7, I'm not asking either - it's an order." Farleigh smirked.

She glanced back at him over her shoulder, still skimming through the endless hangers of designer garments to find a suitable outfit for the event.

"Are you my Father now?"

"Actually, I prefer Daddy but Father works too." He teased.

"You're insufferable, 'Leigh!"

☆☆☆

An Orchestra performed in the large grand Hall of Saltburn — it was always home to nights of expensive drinks, even more expensive clothes and pure displays of utter privilege.

"Olivia, hey!"

Venetia called out to her, careful not to spill her red wine as she adjusted the straps of her white silk floor-length gown.

"You look so gorg,"

"Oh please, look at you two! Soooo cute! Is it official yet?"

Felix joined them, clasping Farleigh's shoulder with a smirk and quick glance over at Olivia.

"Ladies, looking lovely tonight. And what are we all making official?"

"Venetia's spewing cow shit again." Farleigh muttered, "Cow shit?" Olivia queried in disbelief.

"Yeah, 'cause bullshit isn't enough."

He shrugged, making Olivia giggle. "Farleigh and Olivia as a couple, I assume."

Oliver clarified, her red lips pursed at the overly formal phrasing. "Why does everybody think we fucked?"

Olivia asked, irritated at the assumptions from her friends. "Uh, Olivia. It was just a little joke-"

Oliver interrupted, only for Farleigh's custom suit to be doused in red wine as Olivia picked up a glass from the table and splashed it in his face.

"What the fuck, Liv?"

He cried out, his afro now wet.

All eyes in the room had settled on the commotion. Including that of Sir James and Lady Elspeth Catton who were speeding towards their son.

"Felix, what is going on here? We have investors here."

His Father asked in a snappy hushed tone. "Dad, I-"

"Fuck off, Farleigh! And Oliver...stay away from me too, you fucking Dobby faced freak."

Olivia spat, hurrying out of the crowded function to collect herself in solace. "You go find her, mate. Let me take care of this mess,"

Felix nodded at his cousin, giving him a small smile. Farleigh nodded, dropping the napkins to go find Olivia.

He just hoped he hadn't screwed things up for good.