4.

THE HUMID AIR had swallowed up every single one of the 127 rooms in Saltburn, resulting in a very moody Olivia for the weekend.

"Fancy a fag? You look like you need it more than me,"

Farleigh turned down the temperature on the AC, chucking the remote back on his well-organized desk before holding out the small white box.

"Thanks,"

She leaned her head back against the stuffed toy cow propped on his mattress, appreciating the 13-degree chill settling over his bedroom.

Farleigh's room wasn't what you'd expect upon first glance, the decor was carefully picked out and curated with intention.

A dark wooden shelf lined with color co-ordinated vinyl records stood by the window, albums by Aaliyah, Britney Spears and Wu-Tang Clan could be seen among the stack.

Expensive paintings hung on the light cream walls, the frames matched the brown oak shade of his shelves and closet.

"You wanna know about that piece, huh?"

He smirked, noticing her eyes lingering on a specific painting - a surrealist portrait of his Mother who was drinking wine.

"Yeah, what's the story?" Olivia exhaled a puff of cigarette smoke, it wafted into the air.

"My Mom got it while she was in Paris, it's actually made by a guy who was offering portraits to random people who were walking the sidewalk.

She bought it off of him for 30 fucking grand, changed his life just like that."

Farleigh explained, a small smile gracing his face at the thought of his Mom, her kind soul in such a cruel world.

"Wow, 'Leigh. That's... beautiful. She sounds amazing." A comfortable silence fell over them.

"She is." He added, lighting a cigarette of his own.

Olivia set the finished one down on the small ashtray, looking back at him expectantly.

"Alright, Liv. Got something to say?"

Farleigh played with the bracelets on his wrist. "Felix is still having that Pool party, yeah?" She asked.

"He should be back with the drinks in an hour, why?"

"I have to find something cute to wear, Fruit Loop."

"Did you just call me a-"

"Fruit Loop? Abso-fucking-lutely."

Olivia repeated with a laugh, cracking herself up at the new nickname she'd made up for Farleigh, much to his dismay.

"You're still a cunt, Liv."

He spat, harshly throwing a silk pillow in her direction, she quickly managed to dodge it due to her reflexes from Tennis.

"Better luck next time, Fruit Loop. Are you gonna help me find my outfit?

Venetia gave me like twenty things she doesn't need from her closet anymore, something about Feng Shui..." The brunette beauty vaguely recalled.

Thinking back to her friend knocking on the Guest Bedroom door holding a giant black bag stuffed with pairs of size 0 Tommy Hilfiger jeans, Vivienne Westwood tees, vintage Roc-A-Wear jackets and even a couple Birkin bags.

"You mean I get to see you half naked in a thong? Count me in, Liv."

"Why are you such a perv, 'Leigh?"

"You call it being perverted, I call it being observant!"

The bedroom door closed shut, Farleigh and Olivia's banter could still be heard echoing across the winding hallway.

A Saltburn pool party awaited Felix, Olivia, Farleigh and Oliver. What could possibly go wrong?

☆☆☆

A/N: I just dropped the third book in my Saltburn trilogy, Million Dollar Man. If you're an Oliver stan, it'll be right up your alley chileeee 🫠😝