*The end of the tour, the end of peace*

After the games, for days after, You found yourself touring the districts until you eventually reached district one.

In that time Katniss had barely spoke during the interviews and during the tour.

She relied on Peeta and, if need be. She would speak only what Haymitch had advised her too. After almost every speech, the two would share a kiss.

A convincing performance you had to admit.

And occasionally, Katniss would ask you for advice, advise on how you and Cato behaved. You could see the on screen behaviour was beginning to creep into the life outside of the screen.

At night when you were lying with Cato, curled up together with him whispering to you in the night. you'd hear her screaming and the sound of a door opening.

Peeta. It was always him rushing to her room, desperately coming to her side to comfort her, to hold her until the night was over despite the fact that their relationship was supposed to be friendly.

Only 'romantic' for the screens.

Instead when she did, she would only read from the cards, doing her best to ignore any rebelling going on.

It was particularly hard when you all reached district one however for Cato.

You had chosen to speak, coming onto the stage to loud shouting and clapping for you.

Peeta was waving, feeling more secure and confident at the lack of rebellion. However Katniss seemed quiet, only smiling slightly.

Lots of woman were calling for Cato and wooing as he smiled and waved at them. He however would raise your joint hands often to show off your relationship.

Good...

"We are all excited to be here sharing our victory!" You call, looking up from the cards. Everyone began to cheer, loud whooping and clapping from the crowd.

Cato smiled his hand tightening on yours. As he also whistled in support of yours.

Peeta was also clapping gently smiling at Katniss as she did too. Her eyes still on the floor.

"In our gratitude to the Capitol for allowing us to be together as not just us, but as victors. Forged in the crucible of the games." The crowd cheered again, clapping just as excitedly.

District one was brainwashed.

They all loved the Capitol anything they did, they believed they did it for a good reason. It made you wonder, before the games was Cato like this?

"It mends our hearts and vanquishes our loneliness in time of it." You began again, flipping over the cards. "It gives meaning to our lives."

After you'd finished speaking your part, Cato would then speak, taking the cards and giving your hand a squeeze as he'd take them from you.

"We also share your grief of the loss of your tributes, Glimmer and Marvel." Cato paused, taking a moment. "Two brave and Nobel warriors who bought honour to their district."

"Both victors and vanquished we are united." He finished the speech, turning to look at you smiling weakly. You frown slightly at his face, reaching a hand out.

He took it firmly in one hand, raising it upwards, the crowd beginning to scream the loudest ever as two girls came forward, flowers and a card in hand.

Katniss and Peeta went to one girl on the left, but you and Cato went to the girl on the right.

"Thank you." Cato said offering her a grin, as you took the flowers smiling at her.