*tick tock goes the clock*

Once Cato was entirely clean of the blood, you headed back towards Finnick and Beedee on the beach.

"Nice to see everyone is still alive." Beedee commented nodding towards you. He was fiddling with a large spool of copper wire, twisting it around his fingers, forming different shapes and forms.

Finnick didn't say anything, only keeping a close eye on Johanna in the water. She looked furious, stood angrily wiping her axe in the salt water. Cato only tightened his grip on your hand as you gave Beedee a smile.

Beedee had been on the ground fumbling with wire for as long as the others had been in the water. You had no clue where he had gotten it from, or how but it seemed like whatever it was going to be used for was important.

"What's the plan?" You asked nervously, turning your attention to water again, this time to Katniss who was now cleaning Wirees off fully.

Whilst Wirees had, in her state of mania, managed to clean herself off she wasn't entirely free of the blood. Katniss was stood behind the woman who was sat in the shallow water washing her hair gently.

It reminded you of a mother cleaning off a child.

"Well it's simple-"

"I can't." Johanna cut in her hand rubbing her head as she cut through the water. Previously she had been stood near Katniss cleaning her axe of any guts and gore.

"She's nuts. Completely nuts!" Johanna scoffed with a small bit of unbelieving laughter as she slumped next to Beedee in the sand.

Suddenly thunder clapped again, electrifying the same tree as early this morning. The tree was somehow still standing. Despite it now being blackened from the shocks. You guessed there to be about four shocks of thunder.

Cato pulled you closer to him his eyes sharply on the tree. "Fuck me..." He muttered.

Katniss was now staring between Wirees and the tree in the water for a minute, mumbling quietly before beginning to shout to the rest of you all.

"It's a clock! Wirees you're a genius!" She cried out her hands cupping the woman's cheeks as she then began to wade back towards you all.

"A clock?" Cato said frowning.

Suddenly realisation seemed to slam into you, your eyes widening as you exchanged a look with Beedee who had risen to his feet.

"The arenas a clock..."

"The arena runs like a clock a new threat every hour. But it only stays in their wedge." Katniss explained as you all walked along the stones connecting to the cornucopia.

Johanna and Finnick had kicked up a fuss of vulnerability and a lack of weapons, enough of one to get the entirety of the group to take a risk.

A big risk.

"First the thunder, then the blood rain and the monkeys that's the first four hours." Katniss said as she walked quickly on the wet stone.

"At ten the big wave hits from over there." Katniss added as she then jumped, landing firmly on the cornucopia. You quickly followed, Cato retaking your hand as you came to his side on the cornucopia.

"Wirees you're a genius." You heard Finnick praise as he passed her getting closer to the weapons on the Cornucopia.

"The tail of it points at twelve." Beedee observed staring at the large metal shelter.

"That's where the lightning strikes at noon and midnight." You said standing next to Katniss, Cato had left your side heading to the cornucopia to grab a larger, more deadly knife.