*find him*

"Nothing like a good brush with death." Finnick murmured, whispering to you as you both watched Katniss and Peeta stumble together, their hands tightly locked.

"Shut up." You rolled your eyes, knocking your shoulder with Finnicks.

"You first." He chided continuing to walk, a small smirk on his face.

Katniss, once confident enough to leave Peeta to walk alone, had begun to look out for the force field, throwing stones and various items from the floor at the potential areas for it to be in.

As you crossed over the hill, Finnick offering Peeta a hand to stabilise him on the rocky, uneven ground.

Katniss however had suddenly stopped, eyeing a tree near the area she had just hit.

She threw another stone again, realising no sound was made. You could feel your eyebrows raise. What was she doing?

"Hang on." She called, coming closer to the tree. You watched cautiously as she quickly slung her bow on her back, stepping right by the trunk.

Quickly she begun to climb, heaving her body up the attached vines and wood. Before long, she was above the canopy out of you, Peeta and Finnicks view.

"What is she doing?" Finnick asked, his hands on his hips as he eyed the tree she had disappeared up.

"Who knows anymore..." you mumbled, a hand slapping your forehead. Peeta gave you both a look before rolling his eyes, looking carefully out for Katniss.

It was silent for a long moment as you three listened out for the girl, or for any noises that might signal her coming down.

A loud sound suddenly rang out, echoing through your ears. What the hell was that? It came from above you, but too high for it to be Katniss.

Before long, she had slid down the trunk, gravitating back to Peetas side.

"The force field, it's a dome. We're at the edge of the arena." She mumbled, pushing sweaty hair from her face as she looked at you and Finnick.

"Is that good?" You ask hopefully. Maybe from up there she'd seen water, or some kind of fresh water source you could go too.

"No sign of water." She huffed. You felt yourself groan, squatting down to the ground, settling on the dirt. She only gave you a small huff as Finnick began to think.

"It's gonna be dark soon, we'll be safe with our backs protected. We should set up camp and take turns sleeping." Finnick said with a heavy sigh, gently slapping your shoulder.

You could only muster a small glare at him as he gave you a toothy grin, stretching his arms upwards.

"I can take first watch." He offered, his attention returning to Katniss.

"Not a chance." She cut in, her hands falling to her hips.

You look up at her, raising a brow, only to have her throw her hands up in a defensive position. Finnick however only grew offended.

"Honey. That thing I did back there for Peeta that was called saving his life." Finnick spoke up abruptly, leaning his weight on the trident as he rose to his full height.

"If I wanted to kill either you or Peeta I would have done it by now no?" He sassed moving away from you three.

Finnick then knelt down in his new spot, beginning to pick up bark and various branches.

"Don't doubt him." You murmured to Katniss, forcing yourself to stand up.

She exchanged a look with you, then Peeta."You can't trust-" she began before you cut in.