Who do you think you are?

"I've decided to be your mockingjay." Katniss spat.

You stood next to Katniss watching the man you'd now come to know as Plutarch, and Coin watch Katniss from their seats, waiting to hear her.

You almost felt like you were back in school giving a presentation..

As soon as you had gotten ready from earlier, Katniss had all but dragged you to the meeting room, where before you both? Sat Coin and Plutarch.

"But I have.. some conditions." Katniss said slowly, carefully unfolding a piece of paper.

She let out a small cough, looking to you nervously as Plutarch picked up his pen.

Gently you reached a hand out giving her free hand a squeeze.

She could do this. She had done so much in her short time that this? Was nothing.

"Peeta, Cato and the other tributes Johanna Mason, and Annie cresta will be rescued at the earliest opportunity." Katniss began carefully, her eyes staying on the paper as she read.

Coin seemed to nod slowly at this, some acceptance to that term you presumed.

"If and when, Cato Hadley is liberated he will receive a full pardon, no punishment, and no damage to him will be inflicted." She looked to you nervously.

You could feel your heart begin to pump blood quicker. She was bargaining for you. You gave her hand another tight squeeze.

A thank you.

She gave you a small one back.

Its ok.

Katniss was doing this for you, for Peeta and for Cato. And yet, not for herself. Not at all.

"And the same goes for the other tributes." She finished, gently lowering her paper.

Plutarch watched carefully, as Coin nodded, her face completely neutral.

"No." She said.

"It's not their fault you abandoned them in the arena." You spat , your hand on Katniss's tightening as she glared harshly between the two.

"Y/ns right. They will do and say what they can to survive-"

"Individuals don't make demands in thirteen. They will be given a tribunal and a fair judgement. Thank you." Coin said cutting Katniss off as she leaned onto the table.

Katniss went silent for a moment as you felt your body slump. They were giving up on them. Your friends, your love they were just.. done fighting for them.

The people who out of everyone? Had done the most. Had given their life's, and in Johanna's case? Given her family.

"The victors will be granted immunity and you will announce this to the entire population of thirteen." Katniss snapped, her hand leaving yours as she tightened her fists.

"You will hold yourself and your government accountable or you will find another mockingjay-"

"That's it! That's her right there!" Plutarch spoke up, pointing his pen at Katniss.

You couldn't help but fell annoyed, did he really need to intervene...

"Isn't that the girl I promised you? If she wears the costume and gunfire in the background with a hint of smoke? That's the mockingjay." He murmured to Coin who nodded along with his ramble.

"Madam president people are loosing heart. This is worth the risk. She's worth the risk." He added carefully.

Coin took a deep breath staring between you and Katniss carefully.