What do we do next?

You really didn't know what to do.

For the first time in your life you had no purpose, no job and nothing to do. Normally back home you'd rise early and work. Then come home and help your mother cook.

Now, you rise early, have a checkup with the 'doctor' from district thirteen, then laze around hoping Katniss will snap out of her state.

She was manic. She rarely slept. Katniss wouldn't ever be alone in her room. She simply refused. Now, Prim her sister, slept with her, brushing her hair and cooing words of comfort at her.

Or you'd stay with her. An arm around her shoulder giving her comfort, a presence that understood what she was going through. Even if she was alone in her position. You could at least be something familiar to fall back on.

But still, you were no Peeta.

And she, was no Cato.

An anger was beginning to build in Your stomach. An anger that no matter how hard you tried wouldn't satiate.

You felt like you were choking on it. You refused to speak to Finnick. Deep down you knew he wasn't to blame for Catos disappearance.

But you needed someone to blame. Or else you'd blame yourself.

You wanted Cato. Your stomach would knot, your eyes watering as you desperately cried, and screamed for him. You needed Cato.

Yet, besides the anger, your eye was the worst part.

Your right eye was almost completely gone. A milky white now in its normal colours place. Large pink, fresh burns littering up the right side of your face. Sometimes they'd weep puss. Other times they felt like they were still extremely fresh after the bandages were removed.

Yet you still couldn't bring yourself to care.

You just, fuck you needed to bring Cato home. For all you knew he was chained up in some dark, dingy science lab being experimented on.

Or even dead.

Things seemed to quell when you had finished another appointment with the doctor. He'd decided you no longer needed meds. You needed air on the wound.

You couldn't help scratching at your cheek as you walked down the dank hall of thirteen to your room. It did burn but, not painfully.

You passed Katniss's room, which was filled by three figures. A man you came to know as Gale. He was tall, and spindly. A dark mop of brown hair on his head.

Prim, a nice girl with a head of long mousy blonde hair and large brown eyes. As you passed she gave you a small smile, still stroking Katniss's hair as she slept.

And Katniss. Who was knocked out, flat on her back. Her head pressed into prims lap trying to find some solace, some peace.

You gave her a small nod and smile back, continuing onwards towards your room, but you found your steps slowing. Your eyes catching on a slumped, exhausted figure sat on their bed.

Finnick.

His room was next to yours. You're not sure why. Maybe it was preplanned and they didn't know of what would become between the two of you.

Or maybe it was after, an attempt to rekindle you both.

"Y/n.." his voice called out, his eyes not on yours as he stared at the ground. He looked exhausted. His blonde hair flat, large dark circles under his eyes.

"Finnick" you respond stoutly, eyeing the now sniffling man. He was beginning to cry. Softly but, still enough to twinge your heart.

"I... wanted to go back for Cato.. Peeta and Johanna. But I.." he trailed off, taking a sharp inhale of breath as you took a small step further into his dimly lit room.