Thinking of Home

The next morning (July 2) Yuna woke up and started training with Planeus as usual. Natsu came over for some hand-to-hand combat training with Yuna since Planeus could only help her practice her fighting skills so much being a huge dragon and all. After a couple hours of sparring, they took a break and talked to each other.

"So what is it you have against Gajeel, Natsu? You couldn't seem to stop fighting with him unless I intervened." Yuna asked Natsu, referring to yesterday when she met all the other dragon slayers at the quarterly dragon meeting.

"I dunno, he just annoys me for some reason." Natsu answered as Yuna sighed.

"So there's really no particular reason you can think of on why you don't like Gajeel?" Yuna asked Natsu to confirm.

"No. Why? Do you like him or something?" Natsu said to Yuna.

"What? No! I mean, I literally just met him that day." Yuna answered Natsu who almost seemed relieved at her answer. An awkward silence ensued as they sat next to each other. Natsu looked over at Yuna and stared at her for a while. Her long dark brown hair flowed in the breeze as her teal eyes sparkled in the sunlight as she looked off into the distance. The more he stared, the more he realized how pretty she was.

"Wow, Yuna's really beautiful." Natsu accidentally muttered out loud. Yuna looked at Natsu as he immediately looked forward, away from her gaze.

"Did you say something?" Yuna asked Natsu whose cheeks turned slightly red.

"Huh? Oh, I-I said wow, the view's really beautiful... yeah." Natsu said, stuttering like crazy. Yuna tilted her head to the side in confusion. If that's all he said, then why was he so nervous about it? She decided to shrug it off.

"Anyways, I'm really glad I met you. You're my best friend here in this world. You make living in this world so much better." Yuna said as Natsu looked at her in a perplexed manner.

"...in this world?" Natsu questioned, tilting his head to the side. Yuna sighed and decided to tell Natsu the truth about herself.

"I'm from another universe. I live in a country called Japan on a planet called Earth. Back home, I have a mother and a father. I also lived next door to this boy, Izuku Midoriya, that I've been best friends with since we were babies. His mother and my parents were really good friends. In my world, there's no magic. But most of the population have quirks or super powers which would be like this world's magic powers in a sense. My quirk is the ability to travel different universes apparently. I activated it for the first time while I was on play date with Izuku. That's how I ended up here. Planeus found me shortly after I arrived in this world. He is teaching me dimensional dragon slayer magic so I can go back home. But my magic power isn't strong enough to get home yet." Yuna revealed the truth about her past. When Natsu heard this, he became sad and a little jealous.

"So this boy you're best friends with in your world... do you like him?" Natsu asked Yuna.

"Of course I like him. Izuku is my best friend after all." Yuna said with a bright smile. Natsu lowered his head.

"Oh... I see." He said, looking down at his lap. Suddenly, he felt a pair of warm arms surround him.

"But so are you. I like you too, Natsu." Yuna said as she continued to embrace Natsu, making him blush.

"Y-you do?" Natsu said, looking back up at Yuna while still blushing.

"Yes, of course I do." Yuna said as she hugged Natsu even tighter before letting go of him. Hearing those words made him feel a little better. She flashed him a warm smile then stood up.

"Let's get back to training, okay?" Yuna said as she offered a hand to Natsu to help him up. He took her hand and she pulled him to his feet. They started to spar again.