You're Amazing

It was dawn of July 21 and Asta woke up to the sun's early morning rays coming through the window. He sat up and looked at Yuna still sleeping in the futon beside his. She was snoring quietly. Asta smiled and reached over, brushing a small strand of Yuna's hair out of her face. She smiled and shifted contently in her sleep.

'She's really cute when she sleeps.' Asta thought to himself as he chuckled softly. He got up, made up his futon and left the church building to do his early morning workout routine. A couple hours after Asta left, Yuna and the rest of the kids woke up. Yuna sat up, stretched and yawned. Then she looked over to Asta's futon and saw that it was empty. She immediately wondered where he was.

"Hey Yuno? Where is Asta?" Yuna asked Yuno who was making up his futon.

"Oh Asta is out doing his morning workout routine. Don't worry, he'll be back soon for breakfast." Yuno answered.

"Do you know where he works out?" Yuna asked him.

"I don't actually. Sorry Yuna." Yuno replied.

"Okay. I guess I'll just go look for him until I find him." Yuna said as she made up her futon and started to head out of the church. Yuno followed her as she left.

"Wait Yuna. Do you want me to come with? After all, you don't know this place very well yet." Yuno suggested as Yuna agreed and nodded. The two of them went looking for Asta together. As they searched for him, they talked and got to know each other a bit more. Yuna shared her background story about where she was originally from, how she ended up in Earth-land, her adventures there, and how she ended up in Hage Village. Yuno also shared his background about growing up at the church and his dream to become the Wizard King.

"Wow. You know, Asta has the same goal to become the Wizard King." Yuna said with a giggle.

"Yeah I know. He's the one who inspired me to strive to become the Wizard King. So he's my rival." Yuno said.

"Oh that's interesting. Well, may the best man win!" Yuna said with a smile as Yuno chuckled. Suddenly, a familiar voice came from behind them.

"Hey what are you guys up to?" Asta asked them and they turned around to face him. Yuna could have been imagining it, but it almost seemed like there was a hint of jealousy on Asta's face.

"I was out looking for you. Yuno accompanied me so I wouldn't get lost." Yuna said as Asta approached them.

"Why's that? I was gonna be back for breakfast. You know that Yuno. Didn't you tell Yuna?" Asta said.

"I did but Yuna wanted to look for you anyways." Yuno said as Yuna nodded her head in confirmation.

"I see. Well I was about to head back for breakfast now. Come on! Let's go back together." Asta said as he draped his arms over Yuna and Yuno's shoulders. They walked back to the church where Father, Sister Lily and the other kids were waiting for them. After they had breakfast, Asta left to go work out again and Yuna followed him to his workout spot at the edge of the woods nearby.

"So why do you always work out?" Yuna asked Asta who was doing pushups.

"Since I can't use magic yet, I'm naturally at a disadvantage. So to close the gap, I have to train my body to become stronger." Asta answered as he did his pushups.

"Speaking of magic, I wonder why I couldn't use that one spell I used to get here again." Yuna said. Asta paused what he was doing and thought for a minute.

"Yeah, that does seem a bit odd. Perhaps your dimensional dragon slayer magic spells don't work in this universe because Ethernano isn't quite the same as mana." Asta said as Yuna got an idea.

"Huh, maybe you're right. If that's the case, then all I need to do is figure out how to manifest the mana as a spell." Yuna said as she closed her eyes and concentrated on feeling the mana around her like she did back when she learned magic back in Earth-land with Planeus. Then she opened her eyes and held her hands out in front of her, channeling the mana through her and manifesting it in the form of a portal.

"Wow, you did it Yuna! You picked it up right away! Man, it looks like I'm gonna have to train really hard to keep up with you. Just you wait though! When I'm fifteen and I get a grimoire, I'll be able to use magic too!" Asta said as Yuna gave him a perplexed look.

"A grimoire?" She asked in a curious tone.

"Oh right, you don't know about grimoires do you? Grimoires are magical books that enhance your magic power." Asta explained as he got back to his work out. And Yuna practiced her newfound magic alongside Asta as he worked out. She rapidly improved as she continued to work on her magic. The portals she produced worked similarly to Dimensional Dragon's Gateway. At one point, Asta suggested something new.

"Hey, do you wanna spar with me?" Asta asked Yuna.

"Sure. Do you want me to use my magic too?" Yuna said.

"Uh let's just fight without magic." Asta answered as Yuna nodded. They walked in opposite directions then turned to face each other.

"Ready? Go!" Asta said as they charged at one another. Asta drew back his fist and threw a punch. Yuna, having sparred a lot with Natsu predicted his move and did a front flip over him and landed behind him. She swiftly turned around and hit him square in the back with the palm of her hand, knocking him forward. But he quickly recovered and lashed back which Yuna blocked with her arms.

"Wow, you're good! Where did you learn to fight?" Asta asked as he and Yuna pushed against each other to make the other move back, but neither one of them budged. Yuna was fairly strong herself from dueling with Natsu all those years.

"Back in Earth-land I used to spar with my best friend Natsu Dragneel all the time. Though we would both use our magic during matches. He was a fire dragon slayer. I was a dimensional dragon slayer as you know already." Yuna said as they continued their match. When they were done, it was lunch time. Asta patted Yuna on the back.

"You're amazing! You're an excellent fighter and you picked up magic right away like it was nothing!" Asta said with a smile. Yuna shyly thanked him for his compliment, blushing as she did. An awkward silence ensued for a little while.

"We should get back to the church for lunch now." Yuna said as she used her magic to teleport them back to the church for lunch. Everyone was surprised to see Yuna and Asta walk through a portal right next to the dining room table. Asta and Yuna explained everything to them.

"Looks like we found another hope for this church. I was thinking Yuno was our only hope, but then Yuna shows up able to use rare spatial magic!" Father said as Yuna tilted her head to the side.

"Spatial magic is rare here?" Yuna asked.

"Yes, it's a rare magic attribute." Sister Lily confirmed.

"Wow Yuna, you're even more amazing than I thought!" Asta said excitedly as they began to settle down for lunch. After lunch, Yuna and Asta took off together to work out, practice magic, and spar together until dinner. And they did the same thing after dinner until it was time for bed. This became their daily routine from then on. Yuna even started getting up early with Asta just to join him. Both of them worked hard together for years.

~Time Skip (3 Years 9 Months)~

The night before Yuna's fifteenth birthday, Asta couldn't sleep because he was very excited for tomorrow. He and the entire church family were planning a surprise party for Yuna. Asta looked over to Yuna who was sleeping soundly next to him. He smiled as he reminisced about his life before and after he met Yuna. He didn't realize it himself, but he was developing a crush on her despite having an infatuation with Sister Lily.

~END OF CHAPTER~

Thanks for reading chapter 6 of "Hero, Dragon, and Demon" my Izuku Midoriya, Natsu Dragneel, Asta Staria X OC crossover fan fiction. I feel like Asta is the type to develop feelings for a girl and not realize it himself. Oh Asta... you oblivious goof.