Receiving Grimoires

It was the morning of October 5, a day after Asta had turned fifteen years old. Asta and Yuna woke up early and started their daily training routine: he did his workouts while she practiced her spatial magic for a while, then they'd spar together without the use of her magic. But Yuna wanted to change things up today. After Asta finished his workouts and Yuna had gotten some magic practice in, she approached him and offered her suggestion.

"Hey Asta, now that you're fifteen, how about we spar with me using my magic? I mean if you're gonna become a magic knight and then the Wizard King someday, you're gonna be fighting people with magic." Yuna suggested as Asta thought for a moment.

"Sure. I mean you are just about as strong as Yuno is in magic power. So this should be good training for me." Asta agreed. The two of them got into their positions and fighting stances.

"Ready? Go!" Asta said as he charged at Yuna as fast as he could and drew back his fist. He was about to land a hit when Yuna suddenly made a portal in front of her and transported Asta behind her. He stopped in his tracks when he realized what happened. A little bewildered at what just happened, Yuna swiftly turned around and hit Asta square in the back which caused him to fall forward. But he gained his balance before he hit the ground and turned around to counter attack, but Yuna had already stepped into a portal and teleported to the other side of the field. She threw an offensive spatial magic spell ball at Asta who quickly dodged it. The ball of magic then hit a tree trunk, carving right through it and leaving a large hole where it made contact with the wood. The tree was unstable from the damage it received from Yuna's spell and broke, falling over onto the ground. Both Asta and Yuna ran over to the tree to inspect it.

"That's dangerous. Maybe you shouldn't use that spell when we're sparring." Asta said, shuddering. If that's what Yuna's spell did to a large and sturdy tree, he didn't even want to imagine what her spell would do to him if he failed to dodge it.

"Yeah... You're probably right." Yuna said, agreeing with Asta as they went back to sparring. Now that Yuna was using her magic, it was extremely difficult for Asta to land a hit on her. But Asta never gave up. And eventually, he did manage to get her one time. They fought until it was time to eat dinner.

~Short Time Skip~

It was now dinner time so the two of them were heading back to the church to eat with their foster family. They talked about their sparring matches on the way there.

"Now that you've added your magic into the mix, I can never get to you!" Asta said, sighing in frustration.

"Spatial magic is a rare attribute and is pretty difficult to deal with, especially when you have no magic of your own. You did get me once, so be proud of that." Yuna said encouragingly to Asta.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll just have to keep working harder until I'm able to beat you. I won't give up until I do. After all, my magic is never giving up!" Asta said enthusiastically as Yuna chuckled.

"That's the spirit! I'll be waiting for that day." Yuna said, smiling at Asta as they continued on their way back to the church.

~Time Skip (Nearly 5 Months)~

It was now March 1st and the firefly dandelion seeds were starting to rise into the air. Today was the day all fifteen-year-olds from around the area gathered at the local Grimoire Tower to attend a ceremony where they receive their grimoires. Yuna, Asta, and Yuno were finally able to attend the Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony. Their church family were present to witness the event. Drouot, the Tower Master spoke and everyone else turned their attention to him as the Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony began and grimoires started to float off the shelves into the hands of eager fifteen-year-olds. Everyone was busy admiring their grimoires and comparing theirs to other's until Yuno received his grimoire. At that moment, everyone's eyes were on him.