Last Day Together

It was early morning of April 16, the last day Yuna was going to stay in Hage Village. Yesterday, she told Asta she was going to head home the next day. Saddened by this, he made her promise him two things: that she'd spend the whole day with him tomorrow and that she'd come back in time for the Magic Knights Entrance Exam which was in four and a half months. The two of them got ready for the day as usual. Yuna wore a tan skirt and a thin white low v-neck top with a string bow tied at the bottom of the neckline. She tied some ribbons in her hair on each side of her head. Asta wore his normal outfit and headband. After they were dressed, Asta went around the church and grabbed some food, water, a blanket, and two towels. Yuna looked at him curiously as he packed up everything into a large picnic basket.

"Why are you packing up so much stuff? Aren't we just going to train like we normally do?" Yuna asked as Asta closed the lid of the basket.

"Not this time. I wanna spend my last day with you doing something fun instead of training. Oh by the way, you're going to wanna bring a second set of clothes and undergarments with you." Asta said with a bright smile.

"What are we going to do?" Yuna asked as the two of them went to go pack up a change of clothes before heading out the door with Asta leading the way.

"You'll find out when we get there." Asta said as he grabbed Yuna's hand and practically ran off with her. They walked for about an hour until they came across a small lake. The lake was clear and calm, the surface of the water shimmering in the morning sunlight.

"Oh Asta, it's beautiful!" Yuna said as she inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh clean air.

"I know right! I thought you'd like this place." Asta said as he took off his dark blue jacket and belt with the grimoire pouch. He walked towards the lake and stepped into the water. He waded deeper into the water until it was up to his mid torso.

"Aren't you gonna join me Yuna? The water's great." Asta called from the lake. Yuna walked up to the shore and dipped her toes in the water.

"What about my clothes?" Yuna said as Asta swam around in the water.

"That's why I told you to bring an extra set of clothes. I mean if you don't want to get your clothes wet, you could strip instead. I won't look, promise." Asta said innocently as Yuna's face grew red just thinking about skinny dipping, and with a guy none the less.

"You know what? Fuck it!" Yuna said as she plunged herself into the cool refreshing lake with her clothes on. She resurfaced and swam over to Asta.

"See? That wasn't so bad, now was it." Asta said as Yuna pouted.

"Well I wasn't gonna strip down while you remained clothed." Yuna said, splashing water in Asta's face.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, I'd strip too to make it even if you decided to go that route." Asta said innocently as he chuckled. Yuna's face became red from the thought. She sent a wave of water at Asta.

"Hey what was that for?" Asta said, wiping his eyes clear of water.

"You pervert!" Yuna said as Asta looked at her with a confused look on his face.

"What? I don't see a problem with it." Asta said as Yuna sighed and slapped her forehead.

"Really Asta? A girl and a guy... naked together?" Yuna said as Asta tilted his head to the side, looking at her seeming a bit confused.

"I mean Father said when two people like each other, they sometimes get naked together. I like you, so I don't see a problem with it." Asta said, recalling the birds and the bees conversation Father and Sister Lily had with him, Yuna and Yuno.