15th Birthday

It was May 4, Yuna's 15th birthday. She woke up at her normal time only to find all the futons empty, which was weird because usually only her and Asta were up this early. And Asta always waited for her to wake up before heading out. But there was no one in the room. Yuna got dressed and put on the earrings and necklace that Natsu got her for her birthday a couple years ago. Then she headed out to go look for Asta. As she searched, she couldn't find him nor anyone else for that matter.

"This is odd. Normally I'd run into somebody by this point." Yuna thought out loud as she continued to look for Asta.

"Hey Asta, where are you? Are we still gonna do our training routine?" Yuna called out as she looked in the church building, on the church grounds and even around the village. But no one was anywhere to be found, not Asta, not Yuno, not Father or even Sister Lily and the children. At one point, Yuna gave up searching for Asta and anyone else. She sat down on a bench in a park near the church, wondering where everyone could have gone. It was her birthday today and normally everyone would be around as usual, wishing her a happy birthday. After what seemed like ages, a familiar voice called out to her from a distance.

"Hey Yuna!" Asta said to get Yuna's attention as she looked over to where she heard his voice. Yuno was also with Asta.

"Happy birthday!" Asta said as he and Yuno approached her. She noticed an empty sac slung over Asta's shoulder.

"Where have you been all this time?! I was looking all over for you Asta! As I was searching for you, I noticed everyone else was gone too. You guys had me worried." Yuna said as she got up from the bench. Asta gave her a sheepish grin and scratched the back of his head.

"Hehe sorry, we didn't mean to worry you Yuna. We were over at the neighboring village to grab stuff and getting ready for the surpr- mph!" Asta began to say until Yuno cupped his hand over Asta's mouth. After Yuno let go of Asta, Asta turned to face him clearly annoyed.

"What the hell was that for Yuno?!" Asta yelled at Yuno.

"Don't spoil it Asta." Yuno said as Yuna tilted her head to the side and gave them a curious look. Asta stopped fuming and turned to her with a smile on his face.

"Anyways come with us!" Asta said excitedly as he grabbed Yuna's hand and led her back towards the church with Yuno following right behind them. Once they were at the church, Father, Sister Lily, and the kids Rekka, Nash, Arlu, and Horo all jumped out from the bushes around the church.

"Surprise! Happy 15th birthday Yuna!" They all said together. Yuna smiled at the delightful sight in front of her.

"Thank you everyone!" Yuna said as everybody gathered around Yuna and gave her a group hug.

"Let's go inside and celebrate!" Father said as he opened the doors of the church to reveal the decorated interior.

"Father and I prepared a pot potato feast and the kids all helped decorate the place." Sister Lily said as Yuna gasped at all the decorations in the church building.

"You guys did all of this for me? Aww that's really thoughtful of all of you." Yuna said as Asta placed his hand on her back.

"Of course we did! It's your 15th birthday after all. You're finally old enough to get a grimoire!" Asta said excitedly.

"But of course you'll have to wait until the next Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony, which is in March next year." Yuno said.

"Man, I wish I was fifteen already!" Asta said impatiently.

"You'll be fifteen later this year. And besides, as Yuno said, the next Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony won't be until next March anyways." Yuna said with a chuckle. Asta's simple mind reminded her a lot of Natsu.