A New World

It was late evening of June 20. Twelve-year-old Natsu and eleven-year-old Yuna were hanging out in the guild hall together with their winged cats that were born earlier that day. All of the sudden, memories of home filled Yuna's mind and tears started to prick at her eyes. She left the guild hall for some alone time because she didn't want anyone to see her in tears. Lisanna sensed something was wrong and told Natsu to go after her. He knew just where to find her: Southgate Park. He saw her sitting at the base of the big tree at the center of the park. He approached her and asked if she was okay. She immediately wiped away her tears and told Natsu how much she missed her parents and best friend back at home. While it pained Natsu to know she would be leaving him when she went back home, he understood why. He'd want to go back home too if he were in her shoes. He sat down in front of her and reached out his hand and placed it lovingly on her cheek.

"It's okay Yuna. You'll get to see them again. Your magic's nearly strong enough to go back home. It'll only be a little longer. So cheer up, okay?" Natsu said soothingly with a gentle smile. Yuna leaned into his warm hand and smiled.

"Thank you Natsu." Yuna said as Natsu slowly pulled his hand away and offered to help her up. Then they went back to the guild together.

~Time Skip (1 Month)~

It was July 20 now and it had been a little over seven years since Yuna arrived in Earth-land. She was eleven years old and Natsu was thirteen. They had been part of Fairy Tail for more than two years now. Yuna and Natsu and their cats Zoey and Happy were hanging out in the guild hall as usual when they weren't out on a job together. She was having a friendly conversation with Natsu, Gray, and Erza about the most recent jobs they had been on. Surprisingly for once, Natsu, and Gray weren't fighting, probably because Erza was right there.

"So Yuna, Natsu, how did your job from the other day go? " Erza asked the pair of dragon slayers.

"Oh it was easy! I set the bandits on fire and they ran around like a bunch of idiots and fell right into Yuna's Dimensional Dragon's Void. Then we took a shortcut to the authorities using Yuna's Dimensional Dragon's Gateway to turn them in." Natsu said proudly.

"Natsu and I did have a little trouble with a couple of them. But it wasn't too difficult." Yuna added.

"We did not! We're a perfect team! We kicked their butts!" Natsu said, punching his fist out and accidentally hitting Gray in the shoulder.

"Oww! Watch it Flame Brain!" Gray said angrily at Natsu.

"What did you just call me?!" Natsu raised his voice at the ice mage, pushing his forehead against Gray's.

"I called you Flame Brain because that's what you are!" Gray snapped back. And with that, they started fighting again as usual. Yuna laughed at the amusing scene. She loved Natsu and his reckless and carefree personality and how loyal and protective he was of his friends. He reminded her a little bit about Izuku, but much less shy and timid. When she remembered Izuku, she became a little sad. She missed home but she also considered this place home as well. She stopped laughing and sighed. Erza seemed to notice her shift in mood. She had a feeling she knew why. Erza knew about Yuna's past and where she was from. The whole guild knew in fact. They were aware that the day was approaching when she would be leaving them to go home once her magic was strong enough to travel back to her universe.

"Are you okay?" Erza asked Yuna who nodded her head, wiping a tear away from her eye.

"I'm okay. It's just... I miss home, I miss my parents, and I miss Izuku. I'm almost strong enough to go back home, but... then I'll miss the guild and you guys, especially Natsu. I'm a bit conflicted on what I should do." Yuna admitted to Erza who put her hand on her shoulder.