Training Days

It was the morning of March 2nd and Yuna and Asta did their typical morning workout and magic practice routine before their sparring matches. Asta added swordsmanship training to his workout routine now that he had a grimoire and a sword that came with it. When it came time for their first sparring match, Asta pulled his sword out from the pages of his grimoire and wrapped the blade in thick cloths so he wouldn't cut Yuna if he landed a hit. They started their match and Asta sprinted towards Yuna with his sword drawn back and ready. Yuna formed a portal in front of Asta to teleport him.

"Not today Yuna!" Asta said as he swung his sword and cut through the portal, destroying it. The momentum and weight of the sword threw him off balance a little but he recovered and continued his way towards Yuna who quickly formed a portal behind her and slipped through it right before Asta was able to reach her. She teleported behind Asta and hit him in the back with the palm of her hand which made him stumble forward.

"Damn it! Almost had you." Asta said as he regained his balance and readied himself to attack again.

~Time Skip (2 Hours)~

Yuna and Asta had been sparring for a couple hours now and while Asta was significantly better at fighting against Yuna when she used her magic, his swordsmanship was a bit clumsy. He was having trouble recovering quickly after the first swing of his sword. Sometimes he would be thrown completely off balance by the momentum of his swings.

~Another Time Skip~

Asta and Yuna were heading back to the church to eat dinner with their foster family. On the way there, Asta proposed an idea.

"Hey Yuna? I was thinking that instead of doing our normal routine like we've been doing everyday, we should camp out in the woods near Hage Village to train for the Magic Knights Entrance Exam." Asta suggested as Yuna looked at him curiously.

"Why camp in the woods?" Yuna asked him.

"Because in the woods we wouldn't have as many distractions so we could get more rigorous training in and get stronger faster." Asta explained as Yuna thought for a second.

"Okay!" Yuna agreed as she and Asta reached the church in time for dinner. After they ate, Yuna and Asta packed up what they needed and headed for the woods to train some more before bed.

~Time Skip (1 Month)~

It was April 1st now and Asta and Yuna were out training in the woods while they roasted pot potatoes they had harvested earlier that day. Asta had improved a little since he started training with his sword, but he was still having trouble with his technique. Yuna was having Asta do target practice, using her portals as a targets for him to hit with his sword. Asta just finished destroying a portal. Yuna then formed one right next to him, but he was thrown off a little by his swing and took a moment to regain his balance before he was able to slash the other portal. Suddenly, there was a commotion coming from deeper within the woods. A naked man with messy red hair came bursting out from the bushes with a large boar right behind chasing him. Asta quickly sprung into action and swung his sword at the boar and sent it flying. With the threat eliminated, the man applauded Asta.

"Very impressive. You took out that big guy in one blow. My mistake, I was doing some fishing in the river and I guess I must have wandered into the boar's territory. Hahaha." The man said as he approached Asta and Yuna.

"Uh yeah." Asta said as Yuna blushed since the man was naked. But he just acted like there was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Anyways name's Fanzell. I'm something of a nomad these days." The naked red-headed man introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you." Asta said with a hint of uncertainty.

"Call me Zell." Fanzell said to Asta and Yuna.