The First Step

~

"There's nothing good on today!" Ace said as he was getting bored. "Maybe try reading a book?" Paul asked, sarcastically. "Or maybe, we can play with little Erica?" Ace said as a mischievous smile was on his face.

"Ace, she's asleep. Don't bother her." Paul said. "Don't worry, curly. I'll be careful." Ace said as he slowly walked towards the crib where Erica was asleep.

Then, Ace accidentally stepped on one of her toys which caused a loud sound to come out from it and Erica woke up as she started crying. "Come on, man! I told you that this would happen!" Paul yelled as he glanced towards outside where Eric was still busy doing the laundry with his headphones on.

"This is your fault! So, you calmed her down!" Paul yelled. "Why me!?" Ace asked as Paul have him the 'are you joking right now' face towards Ace. "Um, maybe she's hungry?" Paul asked. "That's impossible! Eric just feed her 30 minutes ago!" Ace said. "Check her diaper!" Paul said. "Nothing." Ace replied.

Then, Paul glanced around him and saw a small ukulele and handed Erica who was still crying into Ace's arms. "Hey, curly!" Ace yelled. "I got an idea!" Paul said as he grabbed the ukulele and played a few chords on it as he started to sing a lullaby to Erica.

Paul took a deep breath a d tries to come up with something. Then, his voice, deep yet tender, weaves a comforting cocoon around his little one, lulling her into a peaceful slumber.

The lullaby goes something like this:

🎵 "Hush now, my darling, it's time for your dreams,
Under the moonlight and soft starry gleams.
In your small world, where love's all that you've known,
We're here, sweetheart, you're never alone.

Close your eyes, my dear, let sleep take its hold,
Dream of bright days and tales yet untold.
In your dreams, may you laugh, may you play,
In a world where the night turns to day.

Know that I'm here, watching you sleep,
Promises to you, I'll always keep.
I'll guard you, guide you, hold your hand,
Through every journey, on every land.

So sleep now, my darling, under the night sky,
While I sing you this sweet lullaby.
Dream of tomorrow, of love, and of light,
Goodnight, my darling, sleep tight." 🎵

As the last notes of the lullaby fade away, Paul then glanced towards Erica who was now fast asleep in Ace's arms.

Then, Ace places Erica back into her crib and placed the pastel orange blanket on top of her.

~

"This is all your fault!" Paul whispered to Ace as they both went to the kitchen.

Then, Eric walked into the kitchen. "So, how was everything with my daughter?" He asked. "Oh,... everything went great!" Paul said. "Yeah,...no need to worry about anything, curly!" Ace said. "You do realize I heard her cry." Eric said.

"We're sorry, Eric. I mean we never got any experience of taking care of your daughter." Paul said. "It's okay. You did what you had to do. You both tried to calm her down by singing a lullaby." Eric said. "You heard us!?" Paul asked, embarrassed as Ace was trying to hold back his laugh and Paul nudged him a bit.

"Yeah. I did. And, I even recorded the entire song so, I can blackmail you." Eric said with a smirk. "Come on, man! Give me your phone!" Paul said as he and Eric started running around the house.

~

"Okay! Okay! Fine! I'll keep it but, make my daughter cry again and this video will go on the internet." Eric said. "Fine. It's a deal then!" Paul said.