Erica's First Words And Steps

~

The Next Day

Eric woke up and took a bath as he glanced towards his daughter's crib, Erica was still asleep.

As soon as he got out from the bathroom, his daughter Erica was up and waiting for her father.

"Did I wake you up?" Eric asked as he went to pick up his daughter. Erica just played with her dad's hair.

~

Soon, it was breakfast and Ace helped Eric make breakfast while Paul and Gene looked after Erica.

"Come on, Erica. You can do it. Just say my name, Star-child." Paul said as he was trying to get Erica to say his name. "Man, what do you think you're doing?" Gene asked, as he was about to laugh. "I'm trying to get her to say my name!" Paul said.

As Paul continued his attempt on getting Erica to say his name. "Don't force her, Paul." Eric said from the kitchen.

"Speaking of teaching her some words, when's her birthday, Eric?" Paul asked. "Um,.....15th August. Why?" Eric said and asked back. "Man! That's two weeks away and that very date is when we are still in Chicago!" Paul said.

"I actually been planning to celebrate her first birthday with me in Chicago." Eric said.

~

"That's not a bad idea. It's just how are you going to handle planning her first birthday when we have a show that night?" Paul asked.

"Yeah, curly. He's right." Ace said as he placed the waffles on the kitchen counter and Gene was the first one to start eating it. "I planned on doing it after the show. Plus, it's only a 2 hour 30 minutes show right?" Eric said and asked.

"I guess he's right. So, should we like bring her presents or something?" Paul asked again as Erica started to giggle in Paul's arms. "Oh,...you like that word? Huh, little Erica? Yes, you do. Yes, you do." Paul said as he was playing with Erica.

"You don't have to force yourself to buy presents for her. Plus, she's just going to be 2 years old now." Eric said as he was holding back his tears. "Aw,.....Curly is trying so hard not to cry." Ace said as he was joking around.

~

"Well, I better start writing down some instructions for Mrs. Fox once she's here to pick Erica up." Eric said as he went upstairs.

"Do you think he was serious about the presents or not?" Gene asked as Paul nudged him a bit. "Come on, guys. This is Eric's daughter's first birthday! We have to give her something that she likes!" Paul said. "Curly, she's just a kid who's barely 2 years old. What could she possibly wants?" Ace said, sarcastically.

Then, all of them glanced towards Erica who was happily eating her porridge in her high chair.

"I think I know what to buy!" Gene said. "Just like that, seriously, man?" Paul asked, unamused.

~

Then, Eric came downstairs and glanced towards Erica, who just finished her porridge. Eric then saw that the three of his friends were not even paying attention towards Erica. He lets out a sigh and grabbed Erica's empty bowl and towards the sink.

"Hey, man!" Gene said. "You didn't even noticed that my daughter finished her breakfast way earlier than you guys!" Eric said as he picked Erica up. "What?" Paul asked, confused and saw that his plate still has waffles in them.

Eric let's out a sigh again. "Come on, Erica. It's time for you to spend some time with your dad!" Eric said, happily as he went towards the couch and played the xylophone with her.