Chapter 3: Responsibility And Power

BANG!!!

The large bang from outside startles Peter and the library clerk. Peter drops the books and runs outside, a crowd sits around where Ben's car once sat.
He pushes through the crowd and sees his uncle on the curb. Gasping for air, blood gushing out of his chest.
Peter gets on his knees and grips Ben's hand.

Ben "P-Peter..."

Peter "Ben... what happened?"

Ben "No time Pete..."

Ben coughs and splurges blood upward.

Ben "I brought you here to tell...... You are... Are the smartest person... I know, never forget... Knowledge is power, and great power must also come with great responsibility...... Never underestimate your brain"

Peter while balling "I won't Ben..."

Ben "I love you Pete.. your aunt and I always wanted kids... and you filled that..."

Ben scoffs as he closes his eyes, and Peter screams in pure sadness and grief.
Only silence ensues after Peter lays his head on Ben's now-dead chest.

... 1 week, 3 days later ...

Peter and May sob over a black shut coffin, and the rain begins to fall from the large dark sky. Peter then feels a slight tug on his arm, and may turn to see Norman Osborn; he grabs them both and pulls them into his large arms.

Norman "I am so sorry you two..."

Peter "Where is Harry?"

Norman "he wanted to. Come, he sent his condolences."

May "Is he still bedridden?"

Norman "Yes ma'am."

May "jeez... I'm so sorry Norman."

Norman "Thank you... but... I'm sorry you two I have to get back to work."

Norman then turns around and walks to the black car aside the road.

... At The Parker Household...

Peter and May enter the dryer's house, May places her purse and keys on the card table next to the door.

Peter "Hey May... I gotta question."

May "What is it dear?"

Peter "Do you think Mr.Osborn would give me a job?"

May "he could but why do you want one?"

Peter "I promised Ben to help you out."

May "Oh Peter thank you... you can do that while I go take a nap... it's been a long day.@@

Aunt May turns around and goes up the creaky stairs, meanwhile, Peter enters the living room and sits in his uncle's soft rocking chair. Peter stares up at the family picture on the wall, reminiscing about his normal life.
Peter then sits up and runs to the bottom of the stairs.

Peter "HEY MAY! I'm gonna ride my bike to Oscorp to talk to Mr. Osborn."

Peter then rushes out the door and grabs his Red and Blue bicycle, Peter jumps on top of it and begins to pedal down the street of his suburban neighborhood, Throughout the busy streets of Manhattan, and finally, there he stood... in front of the black and green tower that is Oscorp, Peter jumps off his bike seemingly leaving it on the street, and he runs into the tower's lobby.

Peter "Uhh excuse me, ma'am... I'm here to see Norman Osborn."

Counter Lady "Do you have an appointment

Peter "No I do not but if you tell him Peter Parker was here to see him, I'm sure I'd be fine.""

Counter lady "I'm sorry but Norman Osborn is a very busy man, I hope you understand."