Chapter 19: Honored

...2 days, 13 hours, 8 mins after the lizard attack...

Manhattan has begun rebuilding, due to the recent tragedy, the remaining portion of the school year has been canceled and everyone is moved to the next grade.

Aunt May "Peter wake up..."

Peter "I'm awake...I swear..."

Aunt May "c'mon there is a... 10-71 in Hell'e Kitchen..."

Peter "How can criminals do this stuff so early?..."

Aunt May "Peter... It's noon..."

Peter "Oh..."

...hell's kitchen, a few minutes later..."

A runaway car races down the streets, police cars quickly follow, and Tommy guns stick out the window, firing. Peter swings behind the car and lands on the trunk.

Spiderman "ok boys... your friendly neighborhood Spiderman does not have the time for this..."

Peter fires a web at a Tommy Gun pointed straight at him.

A Thug punches the back windshield and begins to fire at Peter, Peter quickly jumps off the car and hangs at the end.

Spiderman "didn't think I'd be attempted murdered today..."

A man in a Kevlar vest and a fresh haircut sticks his head out the window.

Criminal "HES ON THE TRUNK!!!"

The car begins to swerve around the road, attempting to get Peter off.

Spiderman "like riding a gnarly wave!"

Criminal 2 "Yo bobbie... turn down that alley there!"

The car quickly turns down an alleyway, at the end of the alley stood a man, in a red latex suit.

Criminal 2 "What is that?"

Criminal 3 "ITS THE DEVIL!"

The car comes to a complete stop as it swerves into a wall attempting to avoid daredevil. Daredevil slowly walks toward the crashed vehicle.

Daredevil "Don't get up... you'll just get yourself hurt..."

A criminal in the car gets out and tries to run, at the exit of the alley stands Peter.

Spiderman "Nuh uh..."

The criminal turns around to see Daredevil right behind him.
Matt grabs the criminal by the vest and throws him into the trash on the ground.

Daredevil "I said... DONT. GET. UP!"

Criminal "Please don't hurt me..."

Daredevil "What's your name?"

Criminal "Frank..."

Daredevil "Where's your boss Frank?"

Criminal "The only boss of me... is me..."

Daredevil "Alright... so you a hitman?"

Frank "Something like that..."

Daredevil "Who hired you..."

Criminal "I'd rather die..."

Daredevil "that can be arranged..."

Spiderman "he's not talking... let the police handle him..."

Daredevil "You are lucky the kids here Frank..."

Daredevil pulls up his elbow to strike Frank unconscious.

Frank "WAIT...I work for Bushmaster..."

Daredevil "Hmm... thanks Frank..."

Daredevil then punches Frank straight in his nose, knocking him out instantly.

...meanwhile at the mayor's office at city hall...

Mayor Kyle Prime "Recently our city was under attack... people died... people were injured... but one man stepped up... one man risked his own life to save ours... so that's why, my office, The D.A., and Captain Doug Hunter of this cities police force... have agreed to certify this hero to be the great city it New Yorks protector, today we announce, Spider-Man as our cities official hero!"

...An alley in Hell's Kitchen...

Kevin Wayne on Coms "Peter get to city hall now! They are having a ceremony in your name!"

Spiderman "Shii... matt I need to go..."

Daredevil "See ya later kid..."

*Twip*

...28 Seconds later...

Mayor Kyle Prime "Does anyone in the audience have any questions?"

One man in the audience holds up his hand.

Mayor Kyle Prime "Yes you sir?"

Eddie Brock "Yes uh... my name is Eddie Brock of the Daily Bugle... two questions, will the police force become obsolete because Spiderman becoming its sole protector?.. and do you worry about press backlash for this?"

Mayor Kyle Prime "I do not worry about any backlash... and no, the police force will work alongside Spiderman..."

Peter swings into the large conference, the crowd cheers with excitement."

Mayor Kyle Prime "What a surprise!"

Spider-Man "What can I say... I was in the neighborhood..."