Chapter 12: Daily Bugle

..day 8 of the 2-week school break...

Peter Parker and May Parker are walking down the streets of Queens, the two walk past a newspaper stand. The front page of today's paper reads "Buying pictures of the Spiderman" This catches Peter's eyes as he turns toward the papers and points at it to get mays attention.

Peter "may... I have an idea..."

Aunt May "We are thinking the same thing..."

Peter "I might need to stop by tomorrow."

...the next day (day 9 of the 2-week school break)...

Peter rides his bike over a bridge and leads into the streets of Manhattan the cars speeding beside Peter, his bike pedals swirling, the city skyline towers over himself, Stark Industries, Oscorp, revolutionary companies that enlightened the world. Eventually, through Peter's journey, he turns into an alley and removes his clothing to reveal his Spider-Man uniform. He dawns on his mask and hides his belongings behind the trash.

*Twip*

Spider-Man swings through the streets he stops upon a rooftop and lays his old camera on the edge, he quickly presses a button and swings away, milliseconds before the camera goes off Peter swings in front of the camera.

*Snap*

A flash floods the surrounding area as the picture is taken.
The picture is now on the camera, Peter must sell it to the Bugle.
Peter twips back to be alley, puts back in his clothes, and rides his bike out of the alley, he continues to head toward The Daily Bugle.

...Outside the daily bugle building, he walks into the daily bugle in Manhatten...

Peter parks his bike outside the building and walks into the lobby, he stops in front of a woman with white curly hair.

Peter "Felicia?"

Felicia "Hmm?"

Peter "Don't you work at Oscorp?"

Felicia "I did... but Norman the prick Osborn fired everyone."

Peter "he what?"

Felicia "You heard me, who are you again, you look so familiar."

Peter "P-Peter Parker."

Felicia "Well Peter Parker I'm Felicia Hardy, nice to meet you."

Felicia extends her hand to shake with Peter.

Felicia "You and I should hang out, you seem chill, I'm very limited with friends."

Peter "arnt you like 30?"

Felicia "I turn 17 soon actually."

Peter "Oh... alright... do you have paper?"

Felicia hands Peter a black sheet of paper.
Peter writes his phone number on it and hands it to Felicia.

Felicia "So.. you didn't come to talk to me..."

Peter "right... I have a picture of Spider-Man to sell to the paper..."

Felicia "Gotcha... go right ahead to the 5th floor, talk to Betty Brant... she will get you to JJJ."

Peter "ok... thank you."

Felicia "Anytime."

Peter walks to the nearby elevator and clicks the 5th floor button, the cart slowly rises, and once the cart reaches the floor Peter exits. Peter sees a busy workroom. He walks to the only woman in the room.

Peter "Um excuse me... are you Betty Brant?"

Betty Brant "Yes and whom is you?"

Peter "I'm Peter I'm here to sell a picture of Spider-Man."

Betty "Ohhh.. go right ahead into JJ's office."

Peter opens the glass door and enters the sees a spinning chair faced to the wall, on the wall blurry pictures of Spider-Man are scattered.
The chair turns around a man in a suit sits there, he has a brood mustache and some gray hair.

J Jonah Jameson "What do you want kid?"

Peter "I have a picture of Spider-Man I want to sell..."

JJJ "Really? Lemme see it..."

Peter hands JJ his camera to JJ.

JJJ "Hmm If I gave you a better camera... could you get more of these pictures..."

Peter "Oh of course."

JJJ "good... BRANT!"

Betty quickly enters the room.

JJJ "Meet our new intern... give him a new camera and the picture reward..."

Betty "Right away sir... kid follow me..."

Betty and Peter leave the office and go to Betty's desk, she hands Peter an envelope and a camera.

Betty "There you go kid, oh and when he said you were an intern he meant you working here..."

Peter "cool"

Betty "Yeah I've been an intern here for like a yes and 4 months."

Peter Chuckles at what Betty says.

Peter "ok I'll see you later then..."

Betty "See ya, kid..."

...the next morning...

Peter walks out of his house and grabs the paper on the porch. The article reads "Spider-Man hero or menace?"

Peter "awesome..."